Note to New Members ×

WTB TD3 Step In bindings

slabber

Interested in finding a set of lightly used Bomber Trench Digger TD3 step-ins, ideally with the steel receivers. 

I had grief with my regular TD3s and the heel bail not staying up.  I think I've fixed that at least temporarily but with the short runs at my local hill, really seeing the benefits of step-ins.

Let me know what you've got and how much shipping is to K2W1A9 Ottawa, Canada.  

Not in a rush but rather than waiting for something to pop up in FS section, indicating my interest here 🙂

Also, is there any concern about mixing a standard TD3 front with a TD2 rear?   If not, I would consider TD2 step-ins as well.  

TD2 fronts are higher than TD3 rears unless you form a spacer. I use step-ins and have mixed and matched many a part....

So, do you have TD3's already it seems? I have a set of TD3 heels, step-ins, I might part with....  maybe a trade with ship or something for your TD3 regular heels?

Might be able to set you up...

Just now, TVR said:

TD2 fronts are higher than TD3 rears unless you form a spacer. I use step-ins and have mixed and matched many a part....

So, do you have TD3's already it seems? I have a set of TD3 heels, step-ins, I might part with....  maybe a trade with ship or something for your TD3 regular heels?

Might be able to set you up...

I have a pair of TD3's now.  I'm hoping to make two pairs of hybrid bindings for my two primary boards, standard front, step in rear...

So really hoping to find a complete set.  

1 hour ago, slabber said:

I'm hoping to make two pairs of hybrid bindings for my two primary boards, standard front, step in rear...

That's what I do and it works well for me.  I've read opinions that the difference in stiffness between standard and step-in will affect your riding.  But perhaps starting right off with hybrid bindings means my riding style has adjusted automatically, i.e., at my skill level I can't detect any drawback to the hybrid setup.

I took around 150 lift rides on my short hill during the past two days, and yes, step-ins are really nice.  That's 300 times my old body didn't have to bend down so far!

• Like 1