Note to New Members ×

Heavenly status from 1/9/22

gawdzira

It was flat. It was hard. It was fast. 

On that day 3 hardbooters met at the top of Olympic and all voted Yea in favor of the Olympic Downhill run being forever a no passing zone. The votes are still being tallied on the Nay side and it is not looking good at this point. Nevertheless, it was the run of the day.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Epic Pass Tahoe Trifecta this weekend (extended). 

Heavenly, grooming gets cut up fast. Always head straight to Olympic for the most consistent flat grooming. 

Northstar, some nice wide runs but the groomers (currently) are lacking skill and so even a run of corduroy will bounce you mid transition. The best run was Castle Peak. Super wide, steep for a blue run and mild on crowds for a Sunday.

Kirkwood (Monday), hands down the best of the 3 on grooming. Slower chairs but if you can have a weekday with almost no crowds, life is great. The pic was taken just before we got in line for the Solitude chair. By 11 am, the slope was not much more crowded. I barely had to look over my shoulder for people uphill. 

20220124_083940.jpg

Castle Peak run at Northstar on a Sunday at almost 10am.

20220123_095149.jpg