Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Value Pass

nekdut

Originally posted by Brian

Tim, Ray are you guys both out of the Mammoth deal and off to Aspen?

Hello Brian,

Good to hear you got your pass. Sold out in 3 days, amazing!

As for me, I had no choice but to pass the pass for next season…

Yes, the way it looks right now, it will be the Aspen season pass… two more weeks

and I will know for sure if I made a mistake by not buying the Mammoth pass… but I have a good feeling.

Ray

Guest Tim Tuthill

Tyler: I should of said WIND and ROCKS!! Next time you drive by, look at the mountain on the so/east end of the runway. It ain't going away anytime soon!!

Mammoth Mountain, CA (Tuesday, April 5, 2005) - Mammoth Mountain Ski Area shattered season pass sales by completely selling out of the popular MVP Club passes in just 15 days. With membership in the MVP Club closing after this sales window, demand for the passes was even higher than resort personnel anticipated.

Once again, Mammoth offered a pre-sale period for returning pass holders, allowing loyal guests to be assured that they would be able to purchase a pass. At the end of the 11-day sales window, over 80% of the available passes were already sold. On Friday, April 1, passes were available to new members and the sales pace was swift.

"The demand for MVP Club passes has been overwhelming," said Pam Murphy, Senior Vice President of Mammoth Mountain. "The months we spent planning for the execution of this intense sales window made this years sale a huge success. Two years ago, it took three months to sell out the passes, last year 16 days and this year only 15 days."

By directing sales through the Internet, the resort was able to process a tremendous volume of passes in a very short window without a significant impact to the resort. On-line sales accounted for 87% of MVP Club pass sales - taking pressure off frontline and telephone sales agents, and reducing purchase time for customers.

As a bonus, MVP Club members with a 2005/06 pass can start using their passes to ski or ride beginning May 1, 2005 to take advantage of Mammoth's spring skiing. Over 540 inches of snow have fallen on Mammoth this year and the mountain currently has a massive 15- to 17-foot base, setting up for excellent spring conditions and a snow pack that is expected to last into July.

Adult passes were sold for $450 plus a $35 membership fee, youth passes (age 13-18) were $365 and children (age 7-12) and seniors' passes (65+) were $245.