Note to New Members ×

Head Stratos Pro (Spring sale time!)

alexeyga

Gettin Head Stratos pro boots, however i'm still wondering about the right size. My feet are 27.5-28 mondo (street size 11) and the only size avalible at the local shop is 28.5 which fits quite well. But I've seen some people suggestin getting one size smaller to get a tightter fit.... no exp. with hardboots so far, help me out guys!

Like you, i'm an 11 street shoe. I wound up squeezed into a pair of S-LTD's in a 26.5 earlier this season. Not the right boot for me. Partially because of the small size (race fit), but mostly because of the stiffness of the boot.

That being said, you definitely don't want anything larger than your foot measures. It took a few days to pack out the liners, but once packed out, they were actually quite comfortable while riding. I'd suggest a 27 -27.5, whatever you can comfortably fit into.

Greg

I would suggest you get the smaller size. The liners will pack out and then they will not fit as well. I am not sure about head boots but on Deeluxe the 28 and 28.5 shell are the same size and it's just the liner that is different. If that is the case and you get a Termo liner for the Head boots then you will fine. But that is only if your foot size is closer to 28 and not 27.5.

You can call Michelle at bomber and talk to her abut boot sizing on the phone. She is great at getting you the right size and they have the Head boots on sale right here. And they will accept back returns on the boots if you find that they don't fit well. Of course only if they are unmolded and unused.

->Ben

Reno Mountain Sports had a pair onsale for $250 27.5....

They may still have them, perhaps you can get in touch with them via phone... their shop is right in Reno township, they have some sort of website.

I tried em on; for the same size Raichles, the head seems a fraction bigger, and the liner seems well made and padded a bit more, so there is probably more room than the raichle straight off the bat, which can always be packed out.

Guest Randy S.

I'm a size 10E street shoe. I really like the fit of my 275 Head Stratos Pros. Not too tight, not too loose. Just right. I'd think the 28s should work for you.

Originally posted by alexeyga

Thanks guys, I'll try to get my hands on 27-27.5 sized boots. Ordering online from US isn't actually an option, I really don't want to face the duty. (about 100$US if I pay 350 for the boots)...

You can get Head Stratos Pro at Sharks in Laval and Oberson in Laval and Brossard. They sell for about 500-550$CDN (regular price), but I don't know if they are cheaper since it's the end of the season.

Originally posted by Derf

You can get Head Stratos Pro at Sharks in Laval and Oberson in Laval and Brossard. They sell for about 500-550$CDN (regular price), but I don't know if they are cheaper since it's the end of the season.

400 at oberson, they are getting rid of all their hard stuff...

Are you guys serious? An 11 street shoe size down to a 26.5 in a boot? Do you need to bind your feet a few hours before putting on your boots so they fit? I were a 9.5 street shoe and the Head Stratos Pro fits me very snug (with only a thin liner sock on). I couldn't imagine going to the next size down.

Unfortunately I am serious although I no longer own the boots. Way too much of a race fit for my liking. I couldn't ride more than 2 days. The third day I'd be crying for soft boots.

I only put in about 8 days before buying a pair of size 27 Deeluxe Suzukas. My feet are once again happy.

There is such a thing as too small.

Greg

Uh... okay. I don't "race" so I guess I'm not in the "know". But I do know that you don't need to cram your feet into a boot that is 2 sizes "too small" to have good control for freecarving. A snug fit-yes, tight- maybe, hurting your feet so bad you can't wear them 3 days in a row- no way. Sounds like a fit issue not a boot issue.

Originally posted by alexeyga

400 at oberson, they are getting rid of all their hard stuff...

They are? I didn't know that. I you want to know about other places that sell alpine in or around Montréal, you can check my webpage and if you know any other that carry alpine, email me.

Thanks Derf... From your profile i've noticed you're a MechTech... Which college were you in? I'm at Dawson right now, same program, was supposed to be last semester, but I've started on a bad note with one of the teachers this fall, so I have to redo 3 of his classes...:-/ Don't think I'll be going in university after, not worth it for me. Anyways, I'll check the Obsession shop if they have any boards suited for my height, though the summer is long, I have more chances of picking up something decent on ebay.

Got the Heads after all, had to go through the pain of trying 3 different sizes, 27.5 - unusable, 28 were quite tight so I went for 28.5... duh... a pressure point between second and third buckles... Back to 28, les pressure at the same spot, perfect fit. Happy i didn't get it online or through ebay, boot's size is way too personal...