Note to New Members ×

boot SLIGHTLY tight...do I get it modified now?

Guest astan100

Guest astan100

Hey guys,

I'm going riding tomorrow (Sat.) and I just got my liners molded on Wed.

The thing is with medium weight socks, they pinch a little bit at the sides of my feet around the ball of my foot. (mostly my right boot. Apparently I have a fatter right foot)

Also, the shell itself might be SLIGHTLY too small.

Now, if I wear no socks, they fit much much better. The bootfitter suggested trying to tough it out for this one time to see if they stretch anymore.

thoughts?

I was thinking of wearing like dress socks or something because they're thin. I know it's ghetto, but I just want to see if the boots can stretch some before I do some irreversible.

Guest Randy S.

Wear thin socks and go for it. I wear thin socks all the time. I prefer them. I really like the Ultamax ones that are really thin. Super warm and comfy.

Even molded liners need to be ridden and broken in a bit. They will pack out some.

I find the best results w/ Thermoflex come when they feel a tad too tight after fitting - they pack out to just the right volume after about 2 days of riding. This comes from experimenting with Thermoflex molding more than any hobbyist should be allowed :)

Grin and bear it for a while. In all honesty, at this point in our season, I would wear the thin socks, ride it this year. see how it feels. Next season, take a few days to get used wearing a boot and get some accurate feedback from your feet, then continue with some more advanced boot work if needed.