Note to New Members ×

Would this work for boards

BobD

I would like to see one run Live as well, It would be great to not have panels to put your body and hands into. but I'm not sure I understand the three point values since it just makes sense to go round the highest value point marker? the Idea of different lines is fun but it is after all a race and it only seems fair that everyone should travel the same course.

Some of the race courses we run are very carvey, and the first riders lay down some sick railed lines! Problem is the snow conditions after 20 people turn in the same spot. Alltough some turns in a course are feathered on purpose most riders are trying to carve most turns but bumpy Icey, deep ruts some times make it tough!

I mentioned this to Bob at the hill today. I was working with Elan in the mid 90s while they were touring the country with this concept.....boarders vs. skiers.

A search under Elan should get all the info.

I might sound like a gumpy old man, but I'd rather just bring back the old ISF and AST comps (Duel SL, GS and SGS). As Phil mentioned in a previous post, the redundant Dual PG format is getting dull, the course set-up is boring and encourages "just good enough" riding.

Yawn, yawn.....

I do like this carving concept and glad FIS actually is supporting it (providing it's an ADDITIONAL discipline, not a replacement). I imagine it will get to the states soon. Glad the skiers finally caught up!

• 4 weeks later...

in the mid 90's I participated in an event like that. It was put on as a fun race by Head. There was a Head demo van at Beaver Valley ON. it was a time vs points strategy. had to beat a certain time to have your points count if I remember correctly. more points for wider arcs. clean carving was key. I had a rip on Head's (XSpace) I think they were called. wanted to buy myself a pair.

Guest Todd Stewart

i agree i like thw old GS courses better with there huge sweeping turns that really complimented the flow of the hill. the PGS are a good idea and some would argue better for spectators but the the course layout is the same for every event.

People say how PGS is better for spectators.. But I kind of disagree.

One how many true spctators do we have watching a snowboard race. And two, it takes so damn long to finish, most people have lost interest and gone home by the time the winners are crowned.

Guest Tim Tuthill

Phil: How about a change in format?? Do it like skiing. One run on the same course. Thru the gates, beat the clock laying out turns in the process??