Note to New Members ×

Got my new Coiler

pm_wizard

When I picked up my PR188 a few years ago, I got the tour too, it is great to see how he built it. Bruce is so proud of his boards, he loves talking about them and showing people stuff. It took me a hour to pick it up, but the background of the board was pretty interesting.

Skategoat,

That's probably cause I wasn't up there. My daughter was home from Western for the weekend, and we stayed in town. How were the conditions at Osler?

Fleaman,

You are absolutely right. He has such an enthusiasm for his boards, it is great. I really enjoyed being walked through the whole process and seeing each stage of the build.

I guess we are going to have to declare Osler a "Coiler Only" hill!

John

Re: Osler. First of all, there was hardly anyone there so it was wide open for carving. The morning was hero snow. By 1PM, it started pounding snow. About half an inch would accumulate on your shoulders on the ride up the lift. I switched from the Coiler to a freeride board and it was a blast. There's enough snow at Osler to last another month.

Pic of my new Coiler Racecarve 175, beside my Prior 4WD 174 for comparison:

post-199-141842203002_thumb.jpg

AGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I will be at Stowe this weekend and then back to Osler next weekend. Unfortunately it will then be school break weekend, and with the death of Jetsgo I guess there will be people there that were planning to be away!

I'll try to take a photo of my new toy tonight and get it up. really nice graphic, the shooting star maple leaf (no hiding my allegiances!) on a white background.

John

John:

I am looking forward to a run or two with you on the new board. I think it will treat you well.

Skategoat, you're surely blind. I saw you in the lodge first thing in the morning on Saturday but you walked right past before I could say anything. "Oh well," thought I "I'll see him on the hill." Saw you coming down Valley so I waited for you at the top of the Orchard chair but you came off and ignored my waving and calling and headed for the main lift. Saw you once or twice after that but from a distance. I guess you missed my tracks, huh? My back hasn't been the same since SES and I have been trying to take it easy on the aggressive stuff. Gave it up in the afternoon and went out on the snowshoes for a trek through the woods with Carol. It was a gas in that blizzard, like being lost in the barrens.