Note to New Members ×

Backcountry Boots and Phantom Bindings in Powder

RCrobar

Hello

This short video 'Turn of Mind' highlights the Korua rider Nicholas Wolken riding back country hardboots and plate bindings; different as in all of the 'Yearning For Turning' videos he rides Softboots.

Check out the 1:38 mark and the 11:12 mark if you just want to see the riding.  

No jumps or flips, but as far as the turns go I don't think you could tell whether he had hard or soft boots on if you didn't look closely.  The angles look pretty low as well, the bindings look like the Phantoms so maybe 30 degrees front?

Cheers

Rob

Edited by RCrobar
  • Like 8

16 hours ago, RCrobar said:

Hello

This short video 'Turn of Mind' highlights the Korua rider Nicholas Wolken riding back country hardboots and plate bindings; different as in all of the 'Yearning For Turning' videos he rides Softboots.

Check out the 1:38 mark and the 11:12 mark if you just want to see the riding.  

No jumps or flips, but as far as the turns go I don't think you could tell whether he had hard or soft boots on if you didn't look closely.  The angles look pretty low as well, the bindings look like the Phantoms so maybe 30 degrees front?

Cheers

Rob

Great stuff. 
I have some Backlands now and would love to get the Phantom kit. Joey Vosburgh raves about it, while my one outing with the boots at low angles was pretty gross.. far too stiff in ride mode. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:51 AM, Rob Stevens said:

Great stuff. 
I have some Backlands now and would love to get the Phantom kit. Joey Vosburgh raves about it, while my one outing with the boots at low angles was pretty gross.. far too stiff in ride mode. 

What Backland model do you have Rob? And how does the stiffness compare to a Driver X?

Edited by Mig