Note to New Members ×

Stamina

Fleaman

Just wondering if you guys have the same problem? When riding steep runs and laying out or just riding low on the board, do you find you get winded really quick like after 20 or so turns. Usually when I get done about 800 feet of vert, I feel like my lungs are ready to explode.

I bike everyday uphill home from work for 15 minutes and am a weekend bike warrior in the local trails so I do have some other type of exercise other than sitting on the couch drinking beer (my favorite activity by the way)

Mind you I like the fact that when I hit the bottom, the other patrolers ask where I found the powder because it is all over my clothes and helmet. I can't answer them because I am winded so I just smile

Little do they know.

:cool:

Hell, I can't even make half that anymore without getting winded. I work out 2-3 times a week and take Kenpo 2 times a week and I'm still running out of steam! Sounds like you're doing fine dude, getting olders a bitch, especially when your legs aren't what they used to be :D

Huffin' & Puffin'

Paul

post-857-141842202994_thumb.jpg

didn't you forget about breathing?

often I found myself breathless for some time of challenging terrain, and resulting problem is like yours.

my personal method to keep singing some song during the ride, sometime louder, sometime quiet, but insistently. it keeps my breathing and stamina OK.

Oh yeah, (I wanted to ad this, but already pushed the "submit" button).... My favorite place to stop and "rest" is near the chairlift toward the bottom of the slope (there are merging trails there so I have to slow down anyway). I think my co-workers all get a good laugh when they see me from the chair sprawled out on the snow trying to catch my breath!