Note to New Members ×

need opinions on which board is better...

kinpa

I'm looking at eBay and thinking about getting a new board. Currently I have a Oxygen FR 147 and an F2 Eliminator 146. I'm looking at either an Oxygen Proton SL 149 or a Nidecker Extreme SL 155. What do you think?

Thanks.

Kathy

Because you're a girl, you can get away with that!

;)

There's a 154 Hot Spot on there that might be worth looking at too - the auction ends today but you could probably pick it up for $70. I have a Blast which is a blast, and Hot seem to make a nice board. I think that one's from around 97? but it's brand new.

I'd recommend getting the Oxygen Proton 149. I'm 5'7", 130 lb, fairly aggressive rider and the 149 works great for me. It doesn't feel overly stiff, so I think it would be fine as your first alpine board. It's also a good enough board that it won't hold you back when you get better. The board has really good edge hold and is a very quick turner.

And it so happens, that my 149 just became available for purchase. I've got a Proton 156 on the way. I wanted to go a little longer to get more stability at higher speeds.

My Proton 149 is a newer model than the one on EBay. I'll sell it to you for $75 + shipping. If you're interested, I can post some photos or email them to you directly.

I'm 5'2" about 135 lbs. Not new to carving, but I don't think I like long boards. I've had a Burton M5, Nitro Epic 156, Alp 150 (two of them!), a Rossi Throttle (I think that's what it was) 156 that I sold shortly after I got it. I think the auctions are ending soon so I'm off to check them out now.

Hey Robert.... thanks again for taking care of me. Big Sky will be my last hurrah this year!

Hmmmmm..... the Nidecker is up to $33 with 33 minutes to go and the Oxygen is at $31 with 4 hr 15 min left.... both are brand new.... I just LOVE that you can find alpine gear so cheap! I will need to find another set of bindings though.... I've been switching between my two boards and it's a royal pain in the a**.

Well, it looks like it's the Oxygen! I did bid on the Nidecker, but got outbid in the last minute or two. It went for $63 and I got the Oxygen for $66.50 + $28 for shipping. Maybe I'll get it in time for Big Sky on the 19th! :) Isn't eBay wonderful????!!?!?!! :)

Robert, I'll be in touch with you as the time nears to figure out where and when we can meet. I still haven't decided if I'm going to bring Clara or not. I'd like to, but I need to get in touch with ski school to see if she can get in.