Note to New Members ×

I don’t believe it...another carverdude at Crystal.

1xsculler

Quicksilver is perfect... super wide and perfect grade... just that stupid slow lift is aggravating.

We usually do the morning gondola and take Lucky Shot to Upper Arwine's (via the second cat track that pops you out under the Rex cable where Sunnyside feeds in) then cut back right to Rex. It's fantastic until it gets lumpy and crowded - then we head over to Forest Queen and do Downhill and then eventually end up on Quicksilver.

@1xsculler: Lower Queens is also fantastic for practicing and trying new technique given the width and grade... you have to load up the board with some speed a bit - but it makes for extremely comfortable experimentation ground with the benefit of a twin-speed lift to get you there.

21 hours ago, Waboarder said:

Hey Slopestar, I relocated and downsized to Enumclaw and crystal 1.5 years ago after riding at Stevens and Mt. hood for 27 years.

I too, own a D.O.165 and  conditions and schedule permitting, I will be at Crystal next Friday and Saturday. If I'm there, my gear will be in line before 8 and ill be in the lodge. Grey beard, black coat/ pants. if its a pow day look for a Kessler Ride, Donek Nomad or Fullbag Hammerhead. Crystal is pretty sick. Not the greatest carving hill but off piste its tough to beat. The D.O. is the real deal!

Warren

Sweet! just booked at the Alpine Inn. my friend from OLY is joining me. Brought my DO and the Fullbag Diamond Blade. Stoked to feel totally covered with just 2 boards in the bag. I sketch out on 1 pair of bindings  thoughJ. Just rebuilt my Flow NX2GT's with new straps/ratchets, etc... I break bindings. The DO has been so wicked good this season...and the Fullbag is so surf carvyp and powder friendly. Cant wait to ride hard at my Home Mountain with old and new friends. Elk Frost and schnitzel. See you there. Call me before you head up the lift/gondi so we can hook up.

Lance

720 six4six 1two35

On 2/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, 1xsculler said:

Quicksilver is chair 4, was a slow 2-man, now a slow 4-man, which is the great carving run and is the chair they moved and shortened at both ends.  I'm aware of 6 which gets you to Powder Bowl, et al.  I can't remember a chair 9 although you get to 6 from the top of Forest Queen, a high-speed 6-man...must have been called 9; also Campbell Basin chair, I think.  A very nice lodge (Campbell Basin) is at the top of Forest Queen.  I think 6 is the same old chair...not sure though...let me know after you check it out.

Forest Queen was 9. There used to be a char 5, starting lookers left of the Base of Rex and that went up to the same landing that the "Campbell Basin Lodge" resides.  Chair 2 was an ancient 2 man that was never used when I was there in the 90's. Wasn't torn out until after I left the Mountain