Note to New Members ×

stowe or the 'bush?

thump

going for a long weekend and planning to carve mornings and hit the trees with softies in the afternoon. low level blues are my favorite for carves as I freezeup and skid on the steeps:mad: any lodging sugestions for either?thanks for any advice!

Nice blues for carving; don't know about the trees, but not a lot of peeps on the Mt. Ellen side, so you can get freshies most of the day, especially with the new snow we've gotten this week. Plus, the tix are cheaper than either Stowe or Sugarbush North+South.

Lot's of B&B's in the Mad River Valley; the Hyde Away is at the bottom of German Flats Road and maybe 10 minutes from the Mt. Ellen parking lot.

Gotta represent for Stowe, tho. Try "Spruce" first , the other side of Stowe and you can hike over to Smuggs for a free run, which is fun. Try the Gondola runs early for Gondelier and Perry Merrill(lots of trees off Chinclip later in the day). Off the Quad is Nosedive for great carving also Hayride and Hayride woods. Right under the quad is Liftline and a great place to show off your skills as well. Bush is close enough to drive over (40 minutes) the next morning. Try Mad Mt Tavern and Gallagher's for beers after the BUsh. Have fun, best 2 sister mts in the east. :p Castlerock at the Bush and Goat at Stowe will test your skills on the steep bumps.

Bush, Gallagher's,hot tub, tuna taco,crash....Stowe, Matterhorn ,hot tub,whisker biscuit,crash...repeat. (http://www.matterhornbar.com/)Friday, March 4 9:00 PM The Grateful Dead's Vincent Welnick Vince Welnick, a former member of the legendary groups 'The Grateful Dead' and 'The Tubes' teams up with his own 5 piece band for a special evening of Dead, Tubes and other classics. $12 call 802 253 8198

• 1 year later...

Stowe was lookin' pretty good for early season but I think the rain doused alot.

check this out:Vermont Food Bank Day - Fighting hunger can be as easy as 1, 2, Ski! Bring two canned goods or non-perishable food items and receive a discount ticket (06/07 Ticket $ TBD). Stop by the Vermont Foodbank table to learn how you can contribute to your community and stop hunger in Vermont! For more information, call VT Food Bank at 802-476-3341, visit vtfoodbank.org, or email info@stowe.com. Sun 12/3 I think it's $15 bucks plus the cans

http://www.stowe.com/news/event_calendar_week.php?d=1165640400

post-123-141842221282_thumb.jpg