Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe 2018 325 Shell sizing

Randy Kight

On 12/27/2018 at 9:08 PM, Randy Kight said:

I seem to recall seeing this somewhere, but cannot find it.  Does anyone happen to know the shell size range for the shell that would fit a 27.0?  Would this be 26.5 - 27.5, 27.0 - 27.5, or...?  Appreciate the info.

Just got mine last week. Size 28.

This is what is on the shell...

15461832892236834421718248926498.jpg

15461833236157991843675639035188.jpg

2 hours ago, Randy Kight said:

Thanks Scott.  Interested in your thoughts of this particular boot, and what made you decide on it over the others, such as 700, or UPZ offerings.

I tried to go with the upz last season, and even tried to have them pro fitted, and the pain was too much around my ankle. 

The 700 would be too stiff for me at 160lbs and only really free carving. 

I am having an issue with the liners in these slipping. I am seeing a fitter tomorrow to maybe get some custom liners in there.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:17 PM, Randy Kight said:

Appreciate it if you can keep me up to speed on how this works out Scott.

I had to mod them pretty significantly... The issue was the cuff size was 28-30 which it way too big. As the boot would flex the bottom of the cuff would make contact and open causing the liner to move easily inside the shell. I cut the cuff, and lowered the cants and boom... The boot started to flex better for me. 

I also had to replace the top buckle with one that would go tighter. 

I am still on the hunt for a better liner. Wrap style liners are trash in my opinion. They don't form a tight bond to the ankle, and don't flex in the right way. It feels like the stiffness is all at the top portion of the wrap instead of evenly distributed from the top of the boot to my ankle. 

There is shape to the bottom of the shell too. Which I don't understand why. I understand slanting, but why shape it under the arch? Just do a flat slant and let people use insoles for support.