Note to New Members ×

teleboards

CarvCanada

weird... i've seen a guy carving at jay (with poles), very odd looking

They seem to say it's more versatile than an alpine carving set-up in that you can go through the woods and moguls easily because of the freedom of movement of your CM, but it's almost like a skwal set-up, with 0 freedom for your CM?

Looks easy to fold the nose (you can fall forward completely with your board unflexed! Imagine a nose fold!)

actually, you'd be surprised how stable these things are once you get them moving. I've ridden them quite a bit and have yet to fold the nose. It takes some getting used to, but you can get down so low on the board by bending your knees, that it is much easier to keep you weight over the edge. I've heard they are good in trees and moguls, but I have yet to venture into either. Definitely a fun toy, but I wouldn't trade in my hardboots for one. Give it a shot if you get a chance, the Fey brothers, who started it all, are great guys and are always willing to help out newbies. They even have a halfpipe model for those who are brave (or crazy) enough.:rolleyes:

It was similar to slalom water skiing. The trick was to shove your rear knee forward to make contact with the back of the forward knee. Otherwise the tip of the teleboard would rise too much and be difficult to control.

If you get a chance to try one, do so. It's fun but I can't see it ever catching on.

My riding buddy Ross solely rides a 191 Teleboard with the Bomber Bishop Telebindings. He rides hard all the time ande manages to keep up with me. I keep telling him to ditch the poles and just lay the thing over but he states the poles add a great deal of positioning as he is riding and carving the board.

Teleboards are made right here in New Hampshire down in New Boston and they have a Teleboard Wednesday at Sunapee every week with free demos and a brief intro lesson.

I have yet to try it as I am a dedicated carver and I need to represent the sport of carving as I do very well.

It is very cool to come down the mountain and watch the rubber necking from the lift as Ross comes down and then seeing their jaws drop as I lay down some deep trenches behind him.

Eric