Note to New Members ×

Raichle liner problem

Gabe T

I have a pair of Raichle 423’s that I’ve used for about 2 and a half seasons. These come with the red thermo liners. The other day, I felt inside the boot with my hand and I noticed what felt like an indentation in the liner around my lower calf. When I took the liner out, I noticed that the foam that’s inside the lining had completely split in about a 4 or 5 inch cross section across the back. The lining was still intact but basically I could pinch the liners from both sides and only feel the thin fabric between my fingers. I also noticed that the same thing had happened in a spot at the front the liner where the tongue would sit.

Has this happened to anyone else? I’m wondering if this would be covered under warrantee. I’ve only molded these liners a couple of timers. I’ve actually got a bit of heel lift in the boot was trying to hold off remolding until the season was over as I didn’t want to remold too often. Now I’m not even sure what would happen if I reheated them.

Gabe

Guest Randy S.

Same thing happened to my liners last season. I had them in the UPS boots though. Right in the back where you achilles is. They're toast. Now you have an excuse to buy new Head boots. That's what I did this season.

You can still ride on those. They'll work, but eventually they'll probably come apart. FYI, you didn't do anything wrong in molding them. I think they red ones just suck. I haven't heard of it happening to guys with the gray ones.

I've had 3 pairs of thermoflexes and the red ones that come with the 423's packed out quickly and tore easily. I found myself remolding them every 20 or so times out 'cause they p[acked out so much. My new gray pair of HPD's feels the same as the first ride after I molded them, 20 rides later.