Note to New Members ×

Stix Control System Plate

tiptoptune2

Not boarding much these days and have no need for this.  It is 2 piece, looks to be wood with carbon fiber on bottom, not sure what the top is. Has a couple options/positions to bolt to board and same for bindings. thread holes all goog. 150 cm overall length. Not sure what worth.  can i say offer on here? located breckenridge colorado 970-485-9016

IMG_0606.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

long shot here, but maybe someone on this forum has or knows who does have the board this came off.  I got it attached to a 196 F2 board that i bought years back that i was told was Jeff Archibald's board he used in downhill competition back in the day.  IIRC the board was yellowish in color.  I probably have a picture of the board somewhere.  

Jeff only used Tinkler plates. My brother has one of his 182's with the plate mounted. They had to be t bolted to the board so the top and bottom's could flex. If it was Jeff's then it would have been made for a Regular footed rider. You may want to post it on Face Book in the Alpine Snowboard Trader. Tinkler is on that page.

• Like 1

I rode this setup or one just like it about 20 years ago on a dual-base DH board they had in the shop at the base of the Waterville Valley mountain road (On the right after you get off i93 - can't remember the name of the shop but they let me borrow the board). It's hard to say exactly what the X-Wings did because a 195cm board with hardly any sidecut was well out of my comfort zone on anything but the flattest terrain, but the whole assembly was very very damp, very heavy, and really didn't care how fast I was going it would remain stable all the way across the hill and back. Like most DH setups it didn't really do anything until I hit 40MPH and wasn't really loading until considerably faster than that. I gave it back to the shop even though the price was very low because I just couldn't see a use for a board I couldn't ride if there were anyone at all else on the hill....

I'd be curious to try it on an Undertaker or Tanker...