Note to New Members ×

FREE Sims Switch Blade 1987

fringnut

Cleaning out the attic and have decided to part with my old Sims Switchblade. I was the original owner of this board from back around 1987. Bindings included. Board is in poor condition, bottom has some delam in the nose and tail. Located in Carlsbad in northern San Diego. Come get it! If I need to ship it, make me an offer plus shipping. 

Sims (1).jpg

Sims (2).jpg

Sims (3).jpg

Sims (4).jpg

2 hours ago, lonbordin said:

Wow... that was the first board I ever rode... I never knew how lacking in sidecut it was until these photos. Mahalo!

Funny, that!! As both Chuck Barfoot and Tom Sims split up their partnership, both looked into having a 'ski' company build boards. Chuck kept his production to himself (w/ Ernie DeLost's ideas included {which we see in new Jones boards,like the Hovercraft}, so his volume was small), and when Sims first tried this (using a Ski company-'89), the response from their designers was that the Sidecut was Too Radical/Deep in curvature to be of use! Hence, we had to wait, until '90 for deeper sidecuts from the Sims brand.