Note to New Members ×

3D Printing Binding Parts

charliechocolate

3D printing binding parts is the future :)

My Cateks' front bail kept on flopping forward as it wasn't really designed for step-ins and doesn't have a spring.

Printing a catcher from ABS (so it doesn't get brittle in the cold) was dead easy...

The result is so nice I might do something similar to my TD2s

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How is this topic off? topic...

The lift and cant that I have for the F2 Titanium are 6* and 4* respectively. Those specific values are not what I need right now and this technology is a dream come true. 

I have no CAD skills or software. If I were able to mock up cant/lift shims in SketchUp would that work? It does export to STL. 

I'm assuming there are no shortage of places on the internet or in larger town that will print ABS parts from the appropriate files?

@jim_s made the parts available via thingieverse. The neat part is that you put in the measurement you want and it creates a STL file that you can print!

If you do not have a 3D printer you can have them made. Look at the following post:

You could also look at your local library. Most libraries today have a 3D printer available.  Make sure you print ABS and not PLA (types of plastic) as the former is much more durable outdoors.

I apologize in advance but I'm not printing anything for anyone. Got scared off by lawyer talk.

But yeah, this is an amazing development and I do not think we've seen the last of 3D printing in snowboarding. Not by a longshot!

• Thanks 1