Note to New Members ×

UPZ RC10 adjustment

kawiboy

I have new UPZ RC10s and am wondering which way is softer and which is harder? Is it like lefty loosy, righty tighty? 1st ride is today and I've turned em both ways but I can't really tell the difference in my living room. How do you adjust the forward flex bottom bolt cause I couldn't fit a wrench in there.  If I want more flex/travel, do I just have to get the ACSS system cause I'd prefer to just make these work? I've heard too, to just ride in walk mode for EC.

20171217_163915.jpg

Edited by kawiboy

For more flex, you loosen the nuts away the center - right for the top nut, left for the bottom nut, seen from behind.  That said, I (weighing in at less than 160 in socks) felt the stock system was a good idea, but too stiff, as I found out after I had exchanged the black tongues for the softer red ones. So I switched to ACSS in my second season in the UPZs. Judging from the pic, you are already maxed out in terms of flex. Some very accomplished riders I know simply remove the forward lean system (the same for Deeluxe), but I feel safer having a spring in there, not sure if it makes any difference for my riding.

The bottom nut is 10 mm, I think. I can check over Xmas if you want.

Edited by Aracan

As much as it pains the mechanic in me; I use needle-nose pliers to turn the bottom nut.  A dime or some flat bar works for the top nut.  

The top nut controls rearward flex, the bottom forward flex.  Wind them closer together to get preload and stiffer flex.