Note to New Members ×

Painting ugly boots

Bricky

Bricky, I'm afraid you may 'not' have much luck with the paint holding up under the conditions that boots work in (flex), and depending on their material what kind of adhesion you will get, but you won't know if you don't try.

If I were you and wanted to try it, my first try would be Krylon "FUSION" it's specefically designed for plastics, one shot deal, no special primers or adhesion promoters. I used it on the door handles of my car (to match car color / instead of black) and it is holding up great, but then again, they don't have to work under the conditions of a boot.

If I were to try it, I wouldn't paint the tounge, I think that would definately wear off first / fast ?? But who knows, have to try it to find out, I guess since their don't seem to be any other response. The auto industry has specific procedures for different types of plastics, usually involving 'Special Primers and or Adhesion Promoters' which u$ually mean$ Big Buck$$, but if you know a bud in a body shop that may be another avenue to explore. I'd try the "FUSION" first. Read the instructions, yea, I know we aren't supposed to do that, but make sure they are clean, strip what you can (buckles / etc) and use LIGHT coats.....

Forgot to add, Krylon Fusion comes in aerosol cans, and can be found @ Wally World.

jp