Note to New Members ×

Another "what should I buy" advice request

kawiboy

Well, my board will be ready mid to late Jan so I'll keep everyone posted. I'm gonna "attempt" EC on my Prime with the new boots and modified binding settings/stance and see where that gets me until mine is done.  What are opinions on Carve Co Speed binding vs F2 Titanium Race binding? I'd at least be able to convert the F2 to Intecs at some point if I choose to. Then if I just can't EC as well then I'll switch em back to regular bail.

On 10/30/2017 at 3:11 PM, kawiboy said:

Well, my board will be ready mid to late Jan so I'll keep everyone posted. I'm gonna "attempt" EC on my Prime with the new boots and modified binding settings/stance and see where that gets me until mine is done.  What are opinions on Carve Co Speed binding vs F2 Titanium Race binding? I'd at least be able to convert the F2 to Intecs at some point if I choose to. Then if I just can't EC as well then I'll switch em back to regular bail.

I rode Burton Race Plates then Carve Co. bindings for 20+ years primarily because they allow a good amount of lateral flex, which lets you move around and get in an optimal position for hard carving and EC.  After a conversation with Bruce about bindings a couple of seasons ago, I tried the F2 Intec bindings, and found them as laterally flexible as the Carve Co. bindings, and I absolutely love them now.  An advantage of the F2 bindings is that you can set them up with heel/toe lift but without canting, which for me is optimal.  I know the Euro EC guys preach flat bindings, but I tried that and found that unless I had my boots uber-loose, I couldn't get into a good, relaxed body position to carve aggressively.  Front toe lift, rear heel lift and no canting (to keep knees apart) works great for me.

• Like 1

Well, that's an answer I was looking for, haha. Are you running the Intec Titanium or RS? I've been told I need the Titanium due to my 205 lbs which totally makes sense because of the plastic RS. Is the heel/toe lift an adjustment within the binding itself or would I need to purchase the heel/toe lift kit? This may also help with my UPZ boots having the supposed higher heel ramp. I don't need burned out quads midday. Also, I've read that I should definitely get the FinTec heels vs the F2s due to durability and reliability? ie. the F2 Intec heels have more of a tendency to stick. However, with Bomber's current situation I'd have to find them elsewhere.

3 hours ago, kawiboy said:

Well, that's an answer I was looking for, haha. Are you running the Intec Titanium or RS? I've been told I need the Titanium due to my 205 lbs which totally makes sense because of the plastic RS. Is the heel/toe lift an adjustment within the binding itself or would I need to purchase the heel/toe lift kit? This may also help with my UPZ boots having the supposed higher heel ramp. I don't need burned out quads midday. Also, I've read that I should definitely get the FinTec heels vs the F2s due to durability and reliability? ie. the F2 Intec heels have more of a tendency to stick. However, with Bomber's current situation I'd have to find them elsewhere.

I have the Titanium, weigh 165, and can flex them easily, so you'll be fine with the Titanium.  I have the Intec heels and have had no problem with sticking.  The ability to click in on the fly is a huge benefit, especially if you're riding with skiers.  What Technick said about the lifts.

Hey Technick, my little girls think my Tintin Coiler is the coolest they've ever seen.  Thanks again for the awesome design!  :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freezer said:

I have the Titanium, weigh 165, and can flex them easily, so you'll be fine with the Titanium.  I have the Intec heels and have had no problem with sticking.  The ability to click in on the fly is a huge benefit, especially if you're riding with skiers.  What Technick said about the lifts.

Hey Technick, my little girls think my Tintin Coiler is the coolest they've ever seen.  Thanks again for the awesome design!  :-)

Glad you and your kid likes it!! :)

Well I have a few things in mind. And already have pics/graphics I've pulled from the internet. How much do you charge? I'd have to of course talk to you off of Bomber. But that'll take time off of Bruce's hands.

Edited by kawiboy