Note to New Members ×

Convection vs "post" style liner molding?

D-Sub

Bomber states pretty clearly that they do not recommend molding Deeluxe liners on the "post" style heaters:

heatrise2.jpg

instead, they are to be molded in one of these:

Tfoven.jpg

Im curious as to why?

in all honesty, it seems to be that it would be a better idea to heat the liner inside the boot as that would eliminate the possibility of tears and stretching (I had a pair molded by a "pro" in a raichle oven and they ended up stretched to where they are a good 4" longer than the cuff of my suzukas!)

so...anyone know why the inside-the-boot molding system isnt recommended?

(yes, I know we can do these at home, too...thats not my question;))

Guest Randy S.

From what I can tell, the post style heater doesn't heat the upper part of the liner. They used the post method on my new heads since only the lower part of the liner is mold-able. The oven works really well for Thermoflex liners. Its a convection oven so the fan makes the heat flow all around the liner.

I had mine done on the posts (inside boots) a few weeks ago. When I went out riding, I realized i could feel the stitching that goes down the center of the sole thru a pair of thin wool socks. After a couples days riding i developed a wicked blister on the side of my leg where the yellow fabric on the outside(I have the short, 3 buckle liners)is stitched thru. I decided to try the "at your own risk method" in a kitchen oven, and it did a far superior job, fits great now!

the post heater I saw had vents all the way up and down the unit...?

its too bad tho...sure seems like it would be better to do them inside the boot.

thanks for the responses fellas. another pointless topic. workin on that record post count;)

(coiler is here, btw. yay!)