Note to New Members ×

a book on carving

Gecko

the last thing I was expecting the day before I went to sea was to find a book on carving especially in Japan however I found an interseting little Mook on Mathieu Bozzetto's carving style...Japan has lots of Mook's like this (Mook= magazine+book) taking a noteable Gaigin and and having him contribute to a guide book...I've seen them on MTB, BMX, windsurfing, even kiteskiing but I wan't expecting one this good on Carving. All the text is in Japanese so it's only usefull for the Photos however those are pretty good, though most of the sequences are screen caps itere are laso a bunch of stills that explain stance and such. It looks to be a more race oriented style but it's the closest thing I have found to todays carving style...it also gives me something to stare at while I'm out to sea

about half of the screencaps are taken from Races which for someone like me who doesn't get to see racing much is also very cool. Of course with luck I'm gonna try running gates next year not that I expect to be anything great just that I'm sure it will improve my riding

Originally posted by LeeW

wow. Do you happen to know when this mook was released? Im very very interested to acquire this magazine.

Not a Clue maybe Jan however I can give you the ISBN

ISBN4-7899-1178-0

It was listed and 1300Y

Bozzetto rides for F2 (well all the boards he's riding in the book are F2's

There is also a section called Technic of Rivals with sequenses of JJ Anderson, Dejan Kosir, Siegfried Grabner and Gilles Jaquet...JJA really has a forward leaning stance

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by LeeW

Thanks so much for those two 'zines I've recieved. Picked it up today -- S-W-E-E-T!!!

It is pretty good isn't it? I wish someone it the english speaking world would publish a book of this sort. Or at least in french that I could read enough of to understand the concepts.