Note to New Members ×

SES folks, need some help

Guest EricT

Hi All-

My name is Eric- my dad, Tim, is over at SES and unable to communicate with y'all as he is holed up in the local ER- seems that, as my dad put it- a "soft booter" hit and ran him down, and hurt him pretty bad. No breaks, just muscular stuff, hopefully. (Xrays n whatnot showed no borken bones) 20 feet from the slow sign no less!

My mom, Kit, needs help with lodging nearby- as its presidents day weekend, everything is booked out- so any SESers that are local, if you could help out with some spare lodging for a night, that would be great.

Feel free to message me here or reply to the thread with contact info, I will either get ahold of you or pass it along- I will be checking the board frequently tonight.

For any interested, he's over at the main aspen hospital (i dont have the name right now)

Thanks for considering, and may you all have safe and happy carving to finish out the SES! Next year I will be there to meet you kind folk.

Eric

Yeah, Tim Tuthill.

Hes there now-

My mom may be able to stay the night in his hotel room, not sure

Of course, I call him to find out how he is doing, and he ends up telling me about the sweet carving he got earlier and photographs someone got of him laying it out! So he's doing alright, considering.

Eric

Thanks Jim-

Last night Kit spent the night in the hotel room, and hopefully they will be able to start the 11 hour drive back home today, not sure. If he does need to stay, I will PM you contact info.

I know Tims got some good friends ehre on the board, so once I know how he is doing, I will share it with you guys.

Eric

Guest Tim Tuthill

Dave and Jim: Thanks for your caring. Jim the hospital let my wife stay in my room. They are the greatest. I'm home now,sore, but will be back in 4 to 6 weeks!! Thanks guys. Tim

Guest Tim Tuthill

He stayed for a few mins until the guys came to help and then left. He may of thought I was ok??? He did not un hook to come over to help. Maybe the other guys can add more?? Tim

sounds like this was totally the softbooter's fault, am I right? or is this a badly place jump? did he take it with too much speed? glad to hear you're OK. Isn't it an SOB that you get hurt by some other guy, not your actual riding. Murphey's law I guess. Hope insurance covers it all, if not I'd want to have the softbooter's info (assuming it was his fault)

feel better soon, hope i'm still riding at your age...

---

Barry

Guest Tim Tuthill

Thanks Barry and Dave. Yes the jump is in the wrong place! Look at the trail map, it runs out into the slow zone. I was hit about 20 to 30 ft from the slow sign. I will call the Aspen corp today and post the results of the conversation. I have heard from many guys that have had near misses at the same spot. The other guy is gone. So much for getting info. The jump was there for the X games, it should of been removed!! I will let you know in a few hours. Tim