Note to New Members ×

Horizon Snowboards

charliechocolate

I came across alpine boards with the "Horizon" brand while cruising fleabay. They look a lot like Kesslers, even with a Swiss cross. It doesn't seem like they have any internet presence. Dare I say Chinese knock-off? Anyone heard of this brand? I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post a link so I'll err on the side of caution. 

• 11 months later...

You don´t know Horizon Snowboards.....ist the world famous Markus Müller from Switzerland.....since 20 years Building very high end boards!

But cool down...also don´t know him and since 34 years in buisiness! And I guess no Picture in his Gallery is from him!

Markus Müller was born in a carpenter family in Switzerland. When he started learning woodworking at an age of 17 from his father, he exhibited extraordinary talent in craftsmanship, and after years of hands-on experience he mastered all the carpentry skills, which laid the foundation for him to become a snowboard maker later.

When snowboarding hits Europe in the 1980s, just like many others, Markus was deeply fascinated by the sport. Instead of continuing his career as a carpenter like his father did, he pioneered to build his own snowboard. At that time snowboard making was not as mature and many boards were literally not usable. When making his own board, Markus realized the board should have different stiffness at different locations to ride more stably and turn more smoothly. He experimented various thickness along the board initially and later with different wood combinations. Steadily, his snowboard find popularity among his friends and local snowboarders. In 1997, Markus established Horizon Snowboards.

Over the years, Horizon has successfully become recognized in the snowboard making industry. Driven by a passion for the sport and a thirst to innovate, Horizon fuses the talent of top engineers and athletes with cutting edge technologies, premium materials, and Swiss precision. The result is a wide range of snowboard products developed to suit the individual needs of anyone from the seasoned professional, to the weekend warrior, to someone just getting their feet on the mountain.

Until today Horizon boards are still handmade in a small Swiss workshop. Horizon believes the best board comes from the most experience hands, and so when you get the board it has 20 years of board making experience in it. On the other hand, Horizon relies in word of mouth more than marketing and campaign. This has benefited Horizon to focus more on researching, testing, sourcing new materials, and lowering costs. And the acceptance of our satisfying customers is the motivation for us to continue our Business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Horizon is a scam, they've since eliminated all presence around the world, between the 16/17 season and 17/18 season they did a bit of promotion on the chinese side of the web, high prices and sponsoring people, now their public account is dead as is their website. 

Before they were taken down, they had promotional images of cool snowboarding photos in both alpine carving, pow-surfing, park riding and halfpiping, with a noticeable  "H" at the head of all their boards

Except it's not their photo, they just took cool photos of good riders and photoshopped their logo over SG, Kessler, Burton and such.

I suspect it is someone in the exploding Asian carving scene doing this, the people who've endorsed and taken sponsorship from them have stopped talking as well........

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 6:52 AM, pauleleven said:

Horizon is a scam, they've since eliminated all presence around the world, between the 16/17 season and 17/18 season they did a bit of promotion on the chinese side of the web, high prices and sponsoring people, now their public account is dead as is their website. 

Before they were taken down, they had promotional images of cool snowboarding photos in both alpine carving, pow-surfing, park riding and halfpiping, with a noticeable  "H" at the head of all their boards

Except it's not their photo, they just took cool photos of good riders and photoshopped their logo over SG, Kessler, Burton and such.

I suspect it is someone in the exploding Asian carving scene doing this, the people who've endorsed and taken sponsorship from them have stopped talking as well........

Hahaha, I am very happy to see Chinese friends here.

Markus Müller created a handmade brand“Horizon” in Switzerland which is real and there is very little information online.
The Chinese agent made some wrong publicity and stopped the brand agency.
Keeping a neutral perspective I don't think the brand is a scam.

• Like 1