Note to New Members ×

VIST plate 07 and 14 differences...

michael.a

VIST says their 07 and 14 plate are the same, the only difference is aesthetic.

My buddy was right to point out that almost all athletes use the older 07 plate on the circuit, is there a reason for that, does the 07 have some tangible benefit or is it maybe some version of that never-washed jockstrap magic. I searched and found no definitive answers.

If it matters standard 4x4 pattern

The old VIST plates had the side rails in two pieces. The reason being - the CNC machine table was too short for the full length rail. I'm not sure when they switched. It was after 2010.

Old, 2-piece VIST: vist-pate1.jpg

Current, 1-piece VIST:

_vyrn_45snowboard_alpine_race_vist_desky

Be careful buying an old VIST plate. The aluminum discs are held on with ski screws and after repeated removal and re-installation, the threads get loose and strip. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Apex Insider said:

The old VIST plates had the side rails in two pieces. The reason being - the CNC machine table was too short for the full length rail. I'm not sure when they switched. It was after 2010.

Old, 2-piece VIST: vist-pate1.jpg

Current, 1-piece VIST:

_vyrn_45snowboard_alpine_race_vist_desky

Be careful buying an old VIST plate. The aluminum discs are held on with ski screws and after repeated removal and re-installation, the threads get loose and strip. 

Hey (Harry, is it?)

I'm talking about this one (ver. 14) compared with the 1 piece VIST (ver. 07) you linked. You only have these two to choose from when buying new.

vist_snowplate_14-800x800.jpg