Note to New Members ×

Is my Oxess getting tired?

Calle

Anyone who have a measurement of the camber height of a fairly new Oxess RG19? After many days on snow it now seems quite low although I have no idea how it was when new. Compared to my SG its almost flat. No idea if one can judge aging by camber but anyways. It rides well but its hard to compare over the course of years...

3 hours ago, BlueB said:

Also, some boards are built much flatter then others. 

Off course they are and some are built like bananas. It was noticeble stiffer than a previous SG when new. Therefore the comparison with the camber of a newer SG. A board with kind of the same purpose and therefore similar shape and probably camber profile. Although the SG has a lot more decamber both front and back. Anyways today I can not really feel the difference. They ride different but not a noticeble difference in stiffnes. Its all out of curiosity...

Way back when, I used to mount my boards on a wall-rack, which used 25mm/1 inch dowel rods set in framing construction 2x6's. The 3 ,2x6's were mounted kinda in a "W" pattern, with the center board having one dowel for two mounted in the angled 2x6's.  Something like this,  \:\  [.]  /:/  (well, with the center dowel in the vertical center). I then could drape two boards base-to-base in the off season. I used thin wood shims to match the camber on either side of the center dowel. This kept most of my boards fairly fresh in cambered shape, and kept them from warping, too. Given that a few of my Sims and Hot boards were horizontal laminate construction, it seemed prudent to do. I can't say it kept any of them feeling' newer' than boards stored, say, standing on their tails, but...