Note to New Members ×

Switching from X-bones to ??

MikeB

I''ve been riding Raichle X-bone bindings (step-ins) for about 10 years now (currently on a Donek mFC 163 waist 19) and I am thinking of changing them to a binding that will allow me to run less steep angles.  In order to get the x-bones to fit on the board (they have such a wide base plate)  I"ve been running 64 degrees.  At an ECES a few years ago I demoed a board with TD3s and was running much lower angles and liked it. What's driving this shift is comfort...I think I'll be more comfortable with lower angles.  I would be curious on people's thoughts about what options I have. I'm 5.7, 135lbs, mondo size 27 .

Thanks!

I ran X-Bones on my Madd BX for a while, they were fine. At your weight, you might find you like F2's rather than Bombers. I tried all three iterations of Bombers, but found them very stiff, and at 150lb I like the F2 Titaniums much better. I run UPZ RC10's, stiff boots, on generally stiff boards, and my bindings are the little bit of give in my system. If you like razor sharp response and/or have softer boots, the Bombers will probably work as well or better. There's plenty of lighter females run Bombers with no trouble at all.

I also prefer the F2's for shifting between boards, which I do a lot. Bombers are a lot of screws and plates - I remember going riding with TwoRavens and swapping boards. I had my bindings on and off in about five minutes. Hers took half an hour. If you only have one board though, that won't be an issue.

Edited by Allee

There's a bit of both 'forgiveness flex' in the F-2's vs Bombers, and the tolerances for pin fit are looser by a smidge [I know, not an exact term, but..] , so the Bomber comes out feeling a lot more restrictive/ridgid/powerful. And this is only a matter of 'a smidge' of differential, folk.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Yes, it is more of a boot out issue but I'm wondering if the Xbones don't raise off the board as much some others so being raised up a bit more I could then run a little slacker angles. I'll take a look at the F2's.