Note to New Members ×

Racing at Whiteface, Lake Placid.

Emdee406

I have a race at Whiteface this coming winter and wondered if anyone had some info on the runs being used. Apparently we train on the Old Nastar hill and will compete in dual GS on Draper's Drop.
The race is late February. Any input would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Emdee406
Error.

Draper's Drop is a blue run that is used for or part of many GS races at Whiteface.  It isn't very steep at all but does have a double fall line that makes it fun.  Depending on how the course is set you will probably be running at about 45mph and will have a time somewhere in the 1 min range.  We used it a lot for training runs and also for our local beer league races that were modified gs/sl courses.  I am jealous that you are getting to race there, I miss Whiteface everyday.  Hope this helps and kick ass.  

• Like 1

The top is the flat section and the fall line really depends on the snowmaking and grooming.  Typically the top is slightly falling away to the skiers right but sometimes there is a ridge from the snowmaking almost dead center creating a possible fall away on each turn.  Here are a couple of ski race/training videos that show the top and the bottom: 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just completed the last race in the Airline domestic calendar and finished as overall champion with 2 wins in GS. It was redemption for my 6th place finish in the Airline World Championships (falling between the last gate and the line in the quarter finals, while leading the no. 3 seed ?).
Considering it's not in age categories, I'm pretty happy with the results, racing pilots half my age! Anyway, I'm officially the fastest flight attendant in the World! 
Have a great end of season, and thanks for all the advice. 

IMG_4770.PNG

IMG_4812.JPG

• Like 3