Note to New Members ×

Controversial opinion?

SWriverstone

its about having the eyes a few inches from the snow... and since its yet impossible to achieve without touching the snow, it leads to touching it with the body, but the eyes ;).

Goal is not to touch it but approach new feelings that you get when your head is cruising at altitudes only crawling babies or yorkshire dogs meet!

Nils

....does it really matter? 3 important factors of riding will always apply to ever rider.

1: Safety is first

2: Ride with the comfort and the ability to hold the turn.

3: Enjoyed what you can do and have fun:D

I often change my style to the changing conditions. I personally love to touch the snow. I ride so low that my chin is 2 inches above the snow. I love to see the snow real close while carving low. I feel have a sense of power. :cool:

nils quote:

"its about having the eyes a few inches from the snow... and since its yet impossible to achieve without touching the snow, it leads to touching it with the body, but the eyes ."

I agree 110%

Is it cheesy? I have to disagree with that 150%.

Enjoyed!

Originally posted by christoph

Hmmm ...... don't try to reach for the snow, but one day the snow is coming up to you.

If you ask for "anything wrong", there's a point I personally don't like in this pic .......

Hmmm, I'm not sure that I understand what you meant by these pictures? Could you elaborate?

On the topic of hair splitting/EC vs. race style/or whatever is moot point here: I have to agree with Zcarver: do whatever pleases you and is not dangering others. Though not so sure about riding within ability, in order to progress you have to ride sometimes over 100% of your ability (or what you think your ability is). Of course in crowded slopes this is not possible.