Note to New Members ×

Who are some famous hardbooters?

Dave Winters

famous? yes. hardbooter ? I doubt it. Just stumbled over this pic of Adam Yauch aka MCA from the Beastie Boys on the Shawn Farmer site(thanks Tex !). I've seen vid of him ripping the pow, the guy really knows how to ride and even "drops some lines" about his passion for pow in a Beastie's song. Word is he's got a phat house at Snowbird dubbed "da birdhouse". Any of the SLC crew got any inside info on this ? Phil ? Tilledog ? Bordy

post-123-141842208865_thumb.gif

Saw this post about Seal on oldsnowboards.com:

http://www.seal.com/video/album_detailed.cfm?VideoAlbum_ID=2

" The first clip was closer to when he first started riding, I think around 97 or so. He's on a Winterstick Swallowtail. The 2nd clip is from 2001, can see an improvement in his riding, and he's on Nitro Swallowtail.

I think I read somewhere that he bought a place up in BC especially for the snowsurfing. (Not to mention he's marrying Heidi Klum, does it get any better than having those 2 things?)"

Some nice powder clips. No hard boots in sight but nice to watch nonetheless. (No sign of Heidi, sorry).

The original post:

http://www.oldsnowboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37

"Gliding in the glades

And like Lorne Greene you know I get paid" ....."After touring for Check Your Head, we took a little break. I spent a month up in Valdez, Alaska to go snowboarding with some friends. Much to their chagrin, I brought along my upright bass so that I could practice when the weather was too bad for the helicopters to fly. The weather ended up being pretty bad. Right when I got back, in the spring of '93 we started recording Ill Communication at Tin Pan Alley." - Adam Yauch, 1999 "...[a] latin-tinged stoner groove..." - Boston Herald, August 1998 "But when the snow is falling then I'm gone" & "A phone call from Utah and I'm throwing a panic" - references Adam Yauch's snowboarding obssession

post-123-141842208867_thumb.jpg

Guest glennmorton

I hope John Kerry is better on a snowboard than he is kitesurfing. I saw him kiting with his secret service entourage off Nantucket a couple of years ago, and yikes, scary.

KERRY CALLED SECRET SERVICE AGENT 'SON OF A B*TCH' AFTER SLOPE SPILL

Drudge Report ^ | MARCH 19, 2004 | Drudge

Posted on 03/20/2004 5:32:32 AM PST by FR_addict

KERRY CALLED SECRET SERVICE AGENT 'SON OF A B*TCH' AFTER SLOPE SPILL

Dem presidential candidate John Kerry called his secret service agent a "son of a bitch" after the agent inadvertently moved into his path during a ski mishap in Idaho, sending Kerry falling into the snow.

When asked a moment later about the incident by a reporter on the ski run, Kerry said sharply, "I don't fall down," the "son of a b*itch knocked me over."

The Secret Service agent in question has complained about Kerry's treatment, top sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

post-182-14184220888_thumb.jpg