Note to New Members ×

Dodge Ski Boots, molded shell , adjustable flex.

C'mon, everybody and their dog/cat/parrot knows it's not possible to ride in ski boots...

More to the point, the design characteristics of the Dodge are largely incompatible with the popular mode of riding alpine. So long as the inputs are derived largely from the knees and hips, a more responsive boot won't find market acceptance.

Also, (first hand accounts) the Dodge provides a data flow rate from surface to brain that's overwhelming to the average recreational slider.

Edited by Beckmann AG

^Bryan,

Do you have any recollection on the cost of that pair of carbon shell Burtons that someone had years ago?

(Wasn't Tinkler involved with that project?)

Or whether or not that idea worked?

Yes, Tinks built a pair , I don't know if I ever knew the cost.   It was for a top WCR'r but I don't recall if it was Klug or maybe ??? They were very cool though.  I think it might have been Ryan M or Fuzzy.  He built the shells to work with Burton components I believe. 

What I saw that intrigued me was the construction method seemed to be, um, flexible enough to be modified into a snowboard race boot. It would be likely too responsive (even in it's  'softer' flexes) for most recreational riders. Certainly the buckles would have to be re-positioned a bit, the rear of the cuff if a spring-kit were installed, and I personally would want to round off the DIN toe/heel blocks as I burn through those on Dee-Lux's as it is. The shell material seems (at first glance) more robust than the thermoplastics most boots are made of. I'm not saying this boot is 'great' as it is, just that it might serve as a basis for a Snowboard Racing hardshell , IF it can be tweaked in production. Considering how highly valued Northwave boots are now, a racer's boot made of this construction might be worthwhile. Although, $1300 'as is', ow, that's steep!

Edited by Eric Brammer aka PSR