Note to New Members ×

swoard

Waboarder

A couple of seasons  ago I picked up a Swoard 175 medium for a great price. I have not ridden it yet. I have no intention of taking

up extreme carving but was wondering how it would work as all purpose freecarve board. Been dabbling with hardbooting for a few years

but have relatively low hours. Spend most of my time softboot carving and riding pow whenever possible. My other alpine boards

are Donek 171 freecarve, Donek 176 freecarve II, Donek 184 , and a Tinkler 185. Aiming to spend more time on the hardboots after

having a blast yesterday in less than ideal conditions. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I don't quite know what exactly the question was... I assume what would be most all-mountain friendly?

I guess Swoard, out of all your h/boot boards... Good test would be to have Swoard and FC2 both mounted with bindings and ride them back to back in various conditions, to observe differences and advantages/disadvantages of each setup.

Give hardboots a go on your softboot board too - you might like it :)

The board works pretty nice as everyday freecarve board, providing you are in the right range for height and flex.

It is a board that does not lock into turns or carve without you willing to: safe ride

Its not as versatile as a board with a rounded tail but wide enough to eventually go offpiste providing its not huge deep moguls!

I know have a 3 board quiver:

- backcountry spliboard: climbing, off piste in remote areas when powder is too tracked in resorts

- big powder board: big powder days in resorts

- swoard EC: rest of the time ( no pow days)

N

Thanks for the responses. I was mainly interested in whether or not the Swoard would work as an everyday caver or if it was more of a one trick pony only good

for extreme carving. After 39 years of construction work, weight lifting and numerous shoulder injuries, the extreme carve thing is not for me. I'll try it out

in a couple of weeks when I return to Mt. Hood where all my hardboot stuff is.