Note to New Members ×

Looking for old burton 5 hole bindings

Armtron2000

I've got two pair of Burton Variplate rail-cage bindings, one from 1989 (toe/heel closure) and one pair from '91, dual toe closure. Various cant/lift block combos, too.

For softies, I have a pair of Eflgen ,straps, modded to be 3-strap (ugly strap kit/mix/match, but it works); and a pair of Nitro/Elfgen  two-strap bindings. These have both the 5-hole Burton pattern, but also the vintage Gnu 4-hole "diamond/square" pattern used up until '92. Three-position forward lean, but a very narrow toe box (good up to US size 9/10, or put your Sorel McKinley's on a belt-sander and shave a little off the side?), but no cracks, stored out of the sunlight always. I might even have a pair of Gnu/Elfgen tongues, though the straps I'd have to dig for.

I also have the Mega-flex 3-strap bindings, currently residing on the 1988 Cruzer, but they'd be extra.

Oh, and two aluminum under-binding 5-hole cants optional.

Sorry, no pics yet. I'll work on that if need-be. Prices aren't cheap, but this stuff is all in usable shape (and, indeed, still in use rare/occasional use).

Wouldn't happen to want a Diablo 186 to go with??  ;-)

Reply 2 ebrammersk8snow  a t  g mail dot c o m for details.

• 2 weeks later...

Spartanpilot, Thanks for that!! Those are exactly what's on my Cruizer right now. 

BTW, with my old M-5, Safari Comp I, and M-6, I added four inserts, just ahead of [in front], and just behind [at the rear], the center inserts to form the Burton 42mm triangle. This pushed my stance out 2-1/2", and let me use any 3-D compatible binding. It made those M's come alive, being able to actually use the tail for thrust, and the angle adjustment plus comfier stance was a big plus. Don't know if you'd want to poke holes in a Vintage Burton, but it worked quite well...

• 1 year later...

I have an original Burton PJ7, orig bindings like the photos above. Need some system so I can use the board again as the bindings are too old/broken. 

Can anyone assist?

I do not want to drill into this vintage board.

Best - DW

Just beware, anyone trying to use 'olden' bindings. I've lost about 5 pair of various 'old types' by way of one of the above; Old plastics that got too much Sun, bleached looking,-then cracking even through thick plastic (aged +- 16-22  yrs.); Plastics that were stored where Mold that eats plastic (kinda lime-green or black film on them), and these literally crumbled upon being pulled outa the storage boxes, so, it wasn't sun exposure!; and by what I call 'just old age' where the binding part has to flex a tad, but just gives up with wear+tear. This has hit parts as big as baseplates, binding parts as small as Ladders and Receptors. If using the boards to Ride, Check EVERYTHING,TWICE! Ride it with whatever replacement parts, but put the original, visually correct (though maybe NOT Trustworthy!?) parts, labeled as such, for later museum/wallhanger status. I've been lucky, but have also lost a lot of neat stuff from the 80's-90's that I thought might endure. So, just be vigilant when using anything 'older' than 10-12 years old. Often, the board will out-last the bindings and plastic cants, but metal stuff, and oddly, old softboots, will carry on without an issue.  "PSR", thus older than most...