Note to New Members ×

What's the Deal With Robbie Burns?

ExcelsiorTheFathead

The deal with Robby Burns: He's one of the most positive, fun, genuinely nice guys, you would ever have the good fortune to meet.

Oh yeah, and he's also pretty darn fast in a race course. I'm pretty sure Robby has raced in Canada (NorAm Cup) as well as Europe (Europa Cup). I think he earned a world cup spot and is currently in Europe.

• Like 4

Robby raced today a Worldcup PGS (Rogla / Slovenia) and finished as 43th.

ice: He's one of the most positive, fun, genuinely nice guys, you would ever have the good fortune to meet.

Yes I confirm. He was last season one t-bar behind me. I had a short smalltalk with him on top of the hill.

His equipment last season: Kessler - Allflex - Northwave .950

• 4 weeks later...

ExcelsiorTheFathered: You have got most of it correct... except he has now raced internationally and placed 43rd in Switzerland, 5th in the Europa cup (Serbia) and 10th in Austria (respectively).  One of his main goals is to be a member of the 2018 United States of America Olympic Team.  Also, he is a Hotshot on the Shasta Lake Interagency Hotshot Crew, where he works with 20 other men to help protect our National Forests and private residences.  He's a pillar in the community and well known in his home town of Mount Shasta, CA.  If anyone has anymore questions just reply and we'll do the best we can to answer them.

Thanks   

Edited by SlihcRicks
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I met him at Steamboat this last week and while I was typically my dorky self, saying dorky things, he was an exceedingly nice and genuine guy.  The utmost professional, helpful and kind.  I know nothing of his racing skills, results, etc. but as a human being he's an absolute winner.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Robby like everyone else on the team is getting faster and faster and deserves a path to World Cup and Olympics, don't question his determination at all! I am honored to race with him and call him my friend, he works his ass off and is a very fast guy to watch! And he has Nor-am podiums (including a win!) to his name and that is how he has earned World Cup starts. 

Watch this about him; https://youtu.be/8PMxhhyyrzU

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

Robbie is a great kid from our region. Coached and raced against him in high school several years ago. Super nice guy, excellent racer, and just ran into him at USASA nationals in Copper, where he took the top of the podium. Great ambassador for the sport, and we are all wishing him the best as he makes a run for the Olympic Team. If you ever get the chance to ride with him or talk with him - do it!

Go Robbie!!

• Like 2