Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboards And Boardercross

Guest toddflyingdog

Guest toddflyingdog

How Many Hardbooters out there are doing Boardercross?

I am competeing USASA open class in the Copper SERIES and am wondering who else out there is doing the same?

Have to give mad credit to Donek snowboards, and Bomber for what has been an epic season allready.

I am pretty sure I am the top ranked boardercross racer on trenchdiggers... can anyone refute my claim?

Hope to meet any other alpine riders in sbx at Nationals in april.

Will be in Aspen 2/12 and 2/13 for the aspen series sbx...would be proud to have any interested Expression Sessioners check the sbx out at Buttermilk!

Catch me and I'll share some Flying Dog Ale!

Check out USASA rule 603 before heading off the Nationals. Rarely enforced, but the crapapples always come out at the last minute protesting.....

I haven't seen you ride, but my money is ole "Mort" Nyberg for being the fastest BoarderX rider on TDs.

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by Kent

Check out USASA rule 603 before heading off the Nationals. Rarely enforced, but the crapapples always come out at the last minute protesting.....

I haven't seen you ride, but my money is ole "Mort" Nyberg for being the fastest BoarderX rider on TDs.

My money'd be on Mort too. Although I don't know if he's doing BX or just SL and GS.

As for the square tails, I'd say just bring some hard plastic and some duct tape to the race. If they give you a hard time, duct tape the plastic, with rounded edges right on the tail. You could also email the head of USASA and ask him if they enforce this rule.

Most people do BX on softies. At the FIS level, there is no restriction about square tails. At World Cup events you will see some competitors on hard boots and plates, although most are on softies.

Here's a pic that I took at the World Cup BX at Bachelor in '04:

attachment.php?s=&postid=15409

Mort's my coach, last year he used a Prior with a rounded tail, so he could race hard boots. The guy in that picture at Bachlor was a gnarly Italian guy, him and Mort were the only guys on hardboots. He'll be coming to nationals this year if he has time to do the local comps, but he won one of the alpine events last year so I guess that gives him an automatic go.

Guest dragon fly jones

And spent Thursday to Tuesday with Mort and the Squaw crew. Yeh he is still on the 4x4's for just about everything including sbx gs and sl, he rides the mess out of them and it was fun to watch. I was lucky to get some of my riders out there and get some experience in FIS races.

As for nationals I would worry about him, Kirsten Harris Romano Jayson Hale and I hear there is a east coaster that is burning the slpoes up and as the hanicapper I count on them being serious threats to SBX crowns at USASA.

This will be my second year racing boardercross on plates. I'm in the Jams division though, so I'd most likely get killed by anyone in open class. Got taken out last year and ended up off the top side of a berm, so hopefully this years nationals will go a little better. What're you riding for a board? Axis? I've got an old burton coil thats pretty soft. Maybe a little softer than I would like, but its a little more forgiving on jumps and rollers.

post-84-141842200804_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by dragon fly jones

As for nationals I would worry about him, Kirsten Harris Romano Jayson Hale and I hear there is a east coaster that is burning the slpoes up and as the hanicapper I count on them being serious threats to SBX crowns at USASA.

I think that East Coast Guy is Chelone Miller, he kills it.

The Jeep King of the Mountain events are always won by hardbooters if you count that as a boardercross event.

i also race BX on hard plates. the landings seem easier and more stable than with softies, and making turns is also that much easier. At tyrol basin i am the only actual racer in my age group, so edging people out isnt too tough.

i heard somewhere that the plastic and ductape method wasnt acceptable, but then again it does fill the requirements of 603.

Guest Mike Ford

I love riding BX on plates.

As for my take on this rule 603..... doesn't make much sense to me. Lets just ignore the fact that that I have a razor running down either side of my board. Has there ever been a documented case of of someone suffering an injury in a BX due to a squared off tail? Not to the best of my knowledge

Guest dragon fly jones

Bola, that thing is slow, we tested it and the base is SLOW.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAA.

Have fun in Europe man.

Better get one of those Coolers or Coiler or whatever. And bring me some steins back. Oh we need to work out an agreement call me.

Guest toddflyingdog

Yes, Mort killed it last winter at Nationals. I got bumped before seeing him in a heat.

Knew I'd spark a good response with this line of questions...

more when i have time.....