Note to New Members ×

timberline 2015/16

Waboarder

After 22 months and 2 knee surgeries off the snow and 2 warm up days at Stevens pass, I have been at T-line since 12/26.

Conditions have been great, riding both pow and groomers. Today really came around with the stellar grooming, cold temps,

fresh pow out of bounds both east and west of the mile and bluebird sky. The next few days look like more of the same. Low crowds,

awesome grooming and maybe the Palmer snowcat tomorrow. So far only in softboots with custom Donek Saber and custom Donek incline,

both with Burton  Diodes and Bomber Power Plates. Hoping to get back into the hardboots in a few weeks. Timberlines lack of anything really steep

is a great pace to get the knee and brain back into riding again. Started to really get after it today.

Timberline 12/31-1/1

Cold temps have kept the snow in great shape and the T-line grooming crew has been doing a great job. High winds have been limiting

chair operations with Flood, Mollys, and Pucci on Thurs and only Flood on Friday until they closed it for wind around 11:30.Crowding has not been a problem

with the wind and cold temps sending lots of folks to the lodge despite the parking lot being nearly full. The knee and the brain have come back and I

am able to ride pretty much at the same level as before my accident, though only good for about 3 hrs of hard riding. Back to riding with my 34 year old son and his

buddy. We've been riding together since they were 9. Tools of choice were once again Donek Saber 170 and Incline 169 and 172. Stevens Pass next week. I'm thinking

another couple weeks until I'm ready to get back on the hardboots.

Glad to hear you continue to build on earlier progress Warren!!  Mt Hood has excellent snow conditions that help a great deal (at least in my case) .   If you have time on your trips, give me a call and stop by.   Be fun to catch up!!  Carve on my friend!!   Bryan 

PS.  Any chance you could post a few photos of the Hero Conditions at Timberline?   

• 1 month later...

Spent the last 3 days at timberline. 2/25 bluebird , spring conditions firm in the am gradually softening throughout the day, Kessler 168BX, great day!

Friday, 2/ 26, started out bluebird and warm, firm in the am the turning to corn and clouding up as the day went on. Primo carving all day on the Kessler

176 ride. At the end of the day I committed to getting back on the hardboots for 2/27 no matter what. Waxed up the Donek 176 free carve from 2013 and

put the TD3s on Friday night. Saturday 2/27, 3+ inches  of wet snow over the groomed, pissing rain, Rain snow mix, not ideal conditions, had a blast! Cant

wait to get back on the hardboots  under better circumstances, so much  fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Timberline 3/11-3/13

Spring conditions with mixed visibility Friday and Saturday,a little firm in the am then softening as the day wore on.

A little fresh Sat am over fairly firm. Got on the Donek 176 and hardboots for a couple hrs Friday, again not

Ideal conditions but still had a blast. Sat was the Kessler 176 ride on soft boots, we destroyed the groomers.

Riding with my son for his birthday, he was on the Kessler 168 BX.

Sunday was full on winter storm, about 6" new , driving snow and building wind. My son went back to the Glissade 168, I committed to trying out the Swoard 175 and hardboots. We only rode for a couple hrs but it was a gas. We have a long standing tradition of riding together on each other's birthdays, starting when he was 9, he turned 35 this am. Anxious to finally get on the hardboots with decent conditions. Back next Fri- Monday, then into Portland for the Springsteen concert. Saw another hardbooter Friday, on a Tinkler , also saw another hardbooter Sat. Never crossed paths with either.

Timberline 3/18-3/19

Friday I spent 6 hrs on the hardboots, 2 boards, Donek Free carve II from 2013 and a Swoard 175 EC. Grooming was terrible ( not characteristic of Timberline)

it must have sloppy when they  groomed, there were huge holes, big ridges, missed spots etc and it was rock hard. I had to work hard to stay on edge and leave trenches.

I applaud those that can make it look good under those conditions!  Still had loads of fun but I felt it at the end of the day. I'm a seat of the pants , shoot from the hip kind of guy and my lack of technical know how when it comes to hardbooting was definitely exposed. More to work on.

Saturday was another story, bluebird, no wind, firm very carveable great grooming, wish I had  the hardboots. I switched to the Kessler 176 ride and it was awesome.

Tore up the groomers in the am and got the first cat up to Palmer, went way east  out of bounds and found smooth cream cheese all the way down, really fun. Rode a mix of groomed and off piste for the rest of the day. Gonna give it a go tomorrow as well but they are calling for rain, hard to believe, here in Welches its still sunny and clear.

• 1 month later...

Timberline  4/28

Decent conditions today, unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. Started sunny, then the clouds rolled in and out, mostly in for the rest of the day.

Good turns on Norman and the mile, Palmer was socked in and not much fun due to the lack of vis. Was hoping for Palmer out of bounds west. Did not happen today.

Good grooming for sure. Hoping for better weather tomorrow or Sat. Forecast is not promising for tomorrow. Today was the Kessler 176 ride and Donek 168 incline.

Hardboots tomorrow or Sat for sure. Met Aaron from Soul Motion snowboards and saw them riding, short, wide swallowtail, they were carving it up. Not sure its my thing

but they look good.148 just seems way to short. he was super nice and the const on the boards looks sweet, super light when compared to my Incline with power plates!

May have to give it try for shits  and giggles.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...