Note to New Members ×

BP Second Board Kit & Soft Boots

RCrobar

Hello

Has anyone put a Bomber Boiler Plate Second Board Kit directly onto a freeride board, with Bomber Power Plates and softboot bindings?

Lighter and lower is the why.

I recall a video of Fin, before he departed, riding Bomber bindings with the Boiler Plate Second Board Kit mounted directly to the board; no plate.  

He couldn't approve this set up at the time, but he did mention that he had several in the field and none had failed.

Can anyone comment?

Thanks

Rob

post-171-0-80501000-1446524944_thumb.jpe

post-171-0-07138200-1446524956_thumb.jpg

Leverage goes up with the smaller-diameter BP-style cant disc, so there's more force trying to pull the inserts up and out of the board.  If a board is just barely strong enough for the TD3 mounts, the inserts will tear out with the BP disc.  Many boards can handle it though.  

A TD2 disc and E-ring has the same footprint as the TD3 and is only a few mm higher than the BP.  TD2 E-rings aren't super-available though.  

Hello

Has anyone put a Bomber Boiler Plate Second Board Kit directly onto a freeride board, with Bomber Power Plates and softboot bindings?

Lighter and lower is the why.

I recall a video of Fin, before he departed, riding Bomber bindings with the Boiler Plate Second Board Kit mounted directly to the board; no plate.  

He couldn't approve this set up at the time, but he did mention that he had several in the field and none had failed.

Can anyone comment?

Thanks

Rob

Double check clearances,  the bindings and power plate are not the same shape and the BP is minimal height for sure.   I would agree with Corey that the TD2 set up would be rock solid, no issues.  No one is going to say it is ok due to liability issues.  Use at your own risk.   Which will depend on the stress you put on them.  Weight, angles, impact etc, etc. 

Hi

Double check clearances,  the bindings and power plate are not the same shape and the BP is minimal height for sure.   I would agree with Corey that the TD2 set up would be rock solid, no issues.  No one is going to say it is ok due to liability issues.  Use at your own risk.   Which will depend on the stress you put on them.  Weight, angles, impact etc, etc

Yeah .... that's kinda what I thought I might hear.  

At the same time I was hoping that a keen softbooter might have already giving this a try and could give us the 'rest of the story'.

Thanks for replying guys!
Cheers
Rob