Note to New Members ×

tele gear

Carp

Hey, I feel like I need to add a new hobby to my winter bag and was thinking tele skiing. Was curious what size ski I should go with. I'm 6' /170ibs. I used to alpine ski from 3-16 but have been boarding for the last 16 years with very little ski exposure. I was looking on www.stpost.com and found some, but since I'd be new to this I don't want to spend on a lot on the skis. Now bindings and boots will be different. I'm thinking the bomber bishops and still reading reviews on tele boots. Any recommendations out there?

You might want to post on telemarktips.com -- that's a great resource. In the meantime, I would suggest that you look at the actual skis that you want to buy -- you'll want different sizes on different ones, and the more modern skis have different weight ratings depending on their width. I'm 6', 185-190lbs, and my two tele setups are Heli Stinx 183 and Pocket Rockets 185. Those work well for me.. but with your weight, you might want to go with something smaller...

tom.

have told me that most skis that have a rather soft flex work rather well

so you can pick up low end alpine skis that will work well until you decide to drop more coin on gear

I was looking into buying tele gear and this is what a few people told me to do