Note to New Members ×

BMES 05 (Blue Mtn. PA Expression Session)

JBS

Its been mentioned but who’s willing to come out and ride. It would be great to meet all the other hardbooters that ride my local mountain. So let’s see if we can get a general consensus together on date. I’ll throw out Feb 18TH for my vote. I think a weekday is a must. Are there any takers out there? Jesse

I'm down in the Hagerstown, Maryland area and board at Whitetail all the time. I'd love to come---I don't think Blue Mountain is very far away (but need to break out the atlas to check). I'm just learning to carve and would benefit from watching others! (I'm also pretty good with my DV camcorder!)

Scott

Jasen, still flexing the Madd? I had fun riding with you at SVES. If you have any trouble finding a place to stay. Just drop me an e-mail about what you're looking for and hopefully I can point you in the right direction.

I may consider it depending on the weather between now and then. A good dose of natural snow would seal the deal for me. I think Blue Mountain needs to either learn how to make better snow with their old guns or buck-up and buy the newer jet engine looking snow guns. They blow good ice balls but not very good snow. Aside from all that, it sounds like a great idea.

Mad

I hear ya! I havent been too pleased with conditions of Blue this year either until recent weeks. Mumma Nature wasnt cooperating for the longest time. the storm 2 weeks ago definitely helped out and the temp has held up as well. The cookies are popping up here and there, but not all over the mountain. No it isnt the upper north east nor out west but they are hangin in there doing the best they can, at least I hope.

I would sooner have them harvest some new, wide-open slopes, like seven springs, heading east than drop $$ on new guns. i can deal with the snow conditions, its the meandering herd on the slopes that kill me. Especially those beginners on the "expert" slopes grating off our cord because the lift dumps right into them. Considering the owner is 80 or so, I dont foresee him dumping a great deal of cash into the mountain. I just keep the fingers crossed that it doesnt turn into an overdevelop, condo ridden idiotville

the more carvers, the merrier (sp)

Had a really great time riding with all of you today...Greg, think you should have listened to me...you just need be a little more creative with that boss of yours...I liked the kiss his butt toward the end of the year theory...I'm convinced it would work :D

Glenn,

I chuckled most of teh way home about you trying to convince me to stay. I'm just getting done with my assignments now almost 12 hours later and under the stroke of midnight. It's not my boss I need to worry about, it's the corporate hive mind. Everything I do for my job is tracked via our database. I have to bill so much time per month and that time is compared to the amount of documents I generate for customers based on my visits with them or reports I create. Those documents have certain due dates (w/in 5 business days) from the day of my visits. If it doesn't get in on time, my year end evaluation plummets and "Corporate the Hut" distributes less $$$ to the share croppers like me.

Some may say not to worry about the $$$, but that is what allows me to ride, feed my family and look for goodies on bomber. Someday when I grow up, I will own a Donek, a Madd and a Coiler, until then, these reports get done on time.

Had fun anyway:D

Guest Andrew S

I feel left out! After being one of the founding members of the SVES and then missing the last two due to trips elsewhere, I don't know any of you guys!! I'll be there! Keep me posted with any details at asherman67 at hotmail dot com. On a side note, I regularly ride at Seven Springs and since Jasen left, I'm always looking for people to ride with. Drop me a line if you ever wanna ride or need a cheap (free) condo to crash at.

Andrew

Guys

I should be there as well on Sunday. I hope to be there Friday Morning and SAt as well. I went this morning from about 9 am (appointment cancelled) to about 1 pm. Needless to say. if I stay there that long, it was wide open (<50ppl), fast and loose enough to set an edge without worry of it hitting boilerplate and popping out and the sun keep peeking thru quite often.

Got at least 20 runs in or at least my legs feel like they did, most on Razor's. Icey at top and bottom 75% was the best I have ridden all year. Groomed well and held the edge. Deepest grooves yet.

Bottom of main street was unreal as well. Swithcback was a bit to be desired, but a great morning session.

Wish you were there Jesse along with the camera. Too many good turns to count. Thanks again for the pics you sent me. Order from Tognars still hasn't arrived, maybe Friday.

If that is what spring riding is like on an alpine, I cant wait.

Later

Geg

ANdrew, if i'm out that way, I'll let you know.

After an impromptu session Sunday I’m really looking forward to this Friday. I do believe 7 carvers at one time is a Blue record. It was a blast meeting and riding with the Yardley contention. The weather is a little damp right now but starting Wednesday night the guns will be blowing and all will be well. I hope to see you on the snow (laying a trench that is) Friday.

Jesse

Meeting place: Valley lodge (Located at the bottom of the mountain, not to be confused with Summit lodge) at the Comet Quad lift

Time: 8:15 (Lifts start at 8:30)

If anyone needs directions please e-mail me.