Note to New Members ×

Hard booting on f2 eliminator carbon?

mrmagoo

Hi all. Been off a hard boot set up for around 17 years now but have never stopped snowboarding. Yearning to go carving again and have just received my new f2 eliminator carbon with the intention of soft boot carving. reading another thread last night, (date these boots) .  Went into attic and dug out my blax dsm hard boots. Still fit me perfect and in good condition. My question is, Would I be wasting my time and money buying a set of plates to try/ use them on the F2?.  Board not designed for hard boots but would like to know if set up would work. Would not consider buying another board as very near the 60 mark and not a lot of miles left in my knees now. (Plus wife would kill me as way to many boards).  If it would work I would have another question or three to ask like what plate. Where to buy as I live in Scotland.  P S. sitting with boots on for an hour or so now and they actually feel very comfortable. thanks..

I have several Palmer BX boards (Titanium and Carbon Circle) that I go back and forth between hard boot and soft boot carving.  It varies with the conditions for the day and who I'm riding with.  Using Bomber Sidewinders with soft bushings (yellow) with hard boots and Bomber Power Plates for the soft boot set-up.  I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised and feel it was worth the effort to find a hard boot set up for your F2.

You can Hardboot just about anything at any angles. I even ride duck when with beginner students and then won't to carry on on the same board.

The trick is to have right bindings. I recommend Carve RS or Proflex.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk