Note to New Members ×

Riding together is cool

jtslalom

Today I rode with two other hard riders I used to make turns with a few years ago. I haven't really ridden with them in a couple of years but today I met up with them. It was so cool to turn boards with people who know how to turn. One guy on a coiler 184 and the girl on a Burton. Ofcourse I was on the Renn Tiger. The beat part is that I'm on a 153. His one turn = three of mine. I wished I had the rossi race Vas but it didn't matter, I just had such a great time turning with others. I'm always looking to turn boards with people. If any body comes or is planning to come to Mountain Creek, PLEASE post it and we'll ride together. I was wondering how many people ride mostly alone? Or do most ride in a small pack?

Guest Thomas_S

Since I'm 15, everyone my age is more concered with "Oh my god, Oh my god dude, that's like a little jump. Betcha we culd get some total air of dat"

So I mostly ride with my friends who ski, or alone.

In all honesty, some of my best runs this year have been solo.

Also, up at Blue Knob(PA)towards the end of December(Wed. something)I met two hardbooters. Felt that was pretty neat. Had I been with my other friends who snowboard, I never would have met them...

I ride with mostly skiers all day and they wait for me all the time, clicking in my bindings, riding across the hill etc. But I don't care, at least I am out and riding with some company. There is another Hard boot rider on the Patrol, but we never seem to be paired together.

What's up Mike? Am I reading this thread correctly? There was actually three or four carvers at the Creek on the same day? Impossible I say! It was definitely nice to make some turns with another carver. Criss-crossing trenches, weaving through the crowds like sharks. Hopefully we'll meet up again.

As for jt - you're like santa claus. I want to belive that you exsist - but I have no proof. Just kidding I'll try to be at the Creek a few nights next week to possibly meet up.

I, personally, ride much better when I'm with others. I have a hard time motivating myself so it's nice to have someone that I have to keep up with! Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone at my home mountain that can motivate me. I did see some other guys there in hard boots, but I don't think either of them are really carving.... they just seemed to fly down the hill.... didn't see either of them turn much!

Kathy

Hey Kathy,

I hope you at least had some fun with us at Big Mtn..

I know you had to wait for us a few times, but we all had fun.

Did any of your Pics come out OK?

The only other two locals we met were not carving...

By friday the whole mountain knew us as the MADD snowboarders!!

In vernon here i mainly carve myself--not that its not fun to rip it up with other hard booters--they just dont exsist here---i mainly ride solo with my mp3 cranked up---solo is mainly how i ride on plates anyways---soft boot days always have a posse!!!!!!:D

Originally posted by sheffy

In vernon here i mainly carve myself--not that its not fun to rip it up with other hard booters--they just dont exsist here---i mainly ride solo with my mp3 cranked up---solo is mainly how i ride on plates anyways---soft boot days always have a posse!!!!!!:D

I am hoping to get up there this year for a day trip, If i do, I will contact you and maybe we can hook up.