Note to New Members ×

Base Structure Recommendation - Front Range?

lordmetroland

• 5 months later...

I can't believe I'm answering my own thread. This is the literal definition of schizophrenia. Anyways. I took two decks to Denver Sports Lab, just off I-70 and Colfax. I think they opened up last spring, but it's allegedly a couple guys with world cup tuning experience who decided to travel less and open their own storefront.

If I'm being honest, I know nearly nothing about this stuff so it's not like I have a finely tuned bull**** detector, but they seem legit. For $90 total, they did light base grinds, moderate structures, edge sharpening, conditioning wax and storage wax and told me to bring the duo back for a scrape and brush when I'm ready to head to the hills. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

They seemed very conscientious about not taking too much material off and were excited to show off their equipment room. And it's clear there's some interaction with Donek, since some of Sean's business cards were in there when I dropped the decks off and a direct shipped board from Donek was there when I picked them up. Not necessarily an endorsement, but a good sign nonetheless. I'll see how the boards run in the early season and report back, but first impression suggests that Denver Sports Lab is less risky than the 17 year old manning the Wintersteiger at Christy Sports. And the location is convenient.

I can't believe I'm answering my own thread. This is the literal definition of schizophrenia.

Only if you troll yourself.

Nice find, thanks for the heads up, the virus that wants to kill me is about due for some love, so keep us updated

mario