Note to New Members ×

1st Season

JKarve

Hello Everyone,

1st season on a carving setup coming to an end. Unfortunately was unable to hook up with any other hardbooters just yet.

Just looking for a little feedback is all. All critiques and criticisms are welcome.

Video is a little shaky but you get the idea. Kudos to my girlfriend for all the encouragement ;)

thanks

James

Welcome, JKarve. Do you have your own personal carving hill? Maybe that's why you aren't meeting any other hardbooters. Just sayin'. 

You need to check out the BOL Articles and read everything you can about carving. The Norm, Where Your Butt Should (Not) Be, and other great hits from the collection. Let the magic unfold next season as you think about your body position in relation to the board and the slope. You are not a surfer and you should not reach for the snow. Trust me, I have a repaired rotator cuff and labrum because I wouldn't listen to the forum. It's hard to tell from the vid what EXACTLY is going on but, one thing I picked up on was you know how to carve your board. You can make it go where you want it to go. Now, just add some knowledge from the articles and gain more confidence in your riding. Remember, keep the downhill arm down, and the uphill arm up (think: level shoulders). Meaning, level shoulders to the aspect of the hill. I'll shut up and let the articles do the talking by more informed people than I. 

Keep up the good work and let us know when the forum can visit your private carve farm. 

Regards,

Mark

Hey JKarve! I'm one of your local riders, and have led teaching sessions here in Ottawa for the last two seasons. I enjoy teaching and helping others get their carves powered up, so maybe we can meet up some time. If you covered my lift ticket, I'd be your personal instructor for at least 3 hrs :)

I'd like to give you some tips based on the video, but it's hard to see what's going on. The better the video, the better the feedback I can give. Do you have a friend with a camera that zooms? That's an easy way to get tighter HD shots. Follow-cam footage with GoPros is okay too.

Cheers :)

Welcome, JKarve. Do you have your own personal carving hill? Maybe that's why you aren't meeting any other hardbooters. Just sayin'. 

lol.....Local hill might as well be a personal hill on the weekdays....even with a few inches of fresh!

Hey JKarve! I'm one of your local riders, and have led teaching sessions here in Ottawa for the last two seasons. I enjoy teaching and helping others get their carves powered up, so maybe we can meet up some time. If you covered my lift ticket, I'd be your personal instructor for at least 3 hrs :)

Hey Ian,

Yes I would definitely take you up on that offer. Would you consider Mont Ste Marie? Are you available weekdays? Less crowded is all. Although now that March break is over crowds usually drop off anyways. Sending you a message right now.