Note to New Members ×

Rent your Longboard for a few $$$ in Orange County?

MNSurfer

Kind of throwing this out, and seeing if this is a possibility.

From MN, and I'll be working in Cypress the week of April 11th - 18th, and staying most likely in Sunset Beach (or there-about). Schedule affords me, so I was hoping to log some time every morning. Problem: Getting a 9'6" to Cali. It can be done, yes, but it's become a real pain in the arse (not to mention the wallet).

At any rate, I was hoping that maybe someone has a spare board they'd be willing to part with for a few days. Not particular. I'm a 50/50, pintail, single-fin kind of a guy, but when in this situation, anything will do. Of course I'll make it worth your while.

Thanks, and any other suggestion on how to procure a (real!) board would be great. Was actually thinking of buying one on Craigs, and selling it to a shop before heading back, but that sounds cumbersome.

Thanks again!

Brian 

Used surfboards go pretty cheap in SoCal on craigslist. You may have to pay a bit more for a longboard tho. If you could find a shop that will sell it for you on consignment after you're done that may work out well for you. I wouldn't bet on selling it to an individual buyer on short notice though. There are usually shops that sell boards on consignment though. I'd offer to help you out but I'm in NorCal and I sold my 9' Stewart Redline 11 awhile back. Have fun!

Kind of throwing this out, and seeing if this is a possibility.

From MN, and I'll be working in Cypress the week of April 11th - 18th, and staying most likely in Sunset Beach (or there-about). Schedule affords me, so I was hoping to log some time every morning. Problem: Getting a 9'6" to Cali. It can be done, yes, but it's become a real pain in the arse (not to mention the wallet).

At any rate, I was hoping that maybe someone has a spare board they'd be willing to part with for a few days. Not particular. I'm a 50/50, pintail, single-fin kind of a guy, but when in this situation, anything will do. Of course I'll make it worth your while.

Thanks, and any other suggestion on how to procure a (real!) board would be great. Was actually thinking of buying one on Craigs, and selling it to a shop before heading back, but that sounds cumbersome.

Thanks again!

Brian