Note to New Members ×

Change Cant on RC-10 UPZ Boots

Terryw

I'm a recent convert to UPZ as of late last season. I'm not sure what I did with my instructions since I received my boots and I would like to alter the cant due to my bow legged stance. I can actualy get three fingers between my knees when my ankles touch.....

So, it is obvious that the cant can be adjusted by a change to the hinge point for the ankles.  My question is, since both sides are adjustable, if I change the cant on one side of the ankle, do I need to match it on the opposite side of the ankle? 

I tried going to the UPZ site to search for a users manual, but could not find one.

post-1393-0-98167400-1421613724_thumb.jp

I don't think so. You can turn only one half a little it this works for you. 

I think best way is to turn one side up, because of buckle rubbing. Personally I have my canting set to -2 on both sides, that results in no canting, but this sets cuff a little bit further. 

You do not need to change both sides of one boot. That both are adjustable just serves to give you a wider range of adjustability. E.g. to get maximum outward cant, you would set the outside to -1° and the inside to +1°.

As TLN pointed out, setting both in the same direction will leave the boot cant neutral while rising/lowering the cuff slightly. 

I take it you have already worked out how the mechanism functions - it's fairly straightforward, as I recall. 

The canting adjustment that the boot allows is a matter of taking the two adjusters off on each boot and reinstalling them so the cams allow the top of the boot to adhere to different leg shapes, more important is the canting under the bindings to alloy the legs to "stack" up on the board more comfortably, if you have f2 bindings aftermarket shim kits allow for exact canting, bomber bindings allow for precisely exact canting, and lean adjustment, err the underfoot canting is the important part, the above foot canting is helpful but superficial.

Thanks for the info.  Pretty much confirms what I thought.  I had adjusted them on the inside cam only, and it was perfect.  Not that they wer not already pretty comfortable, it just made them even better.  I am a firm believer that it would be better to start with a neutral ballanced stance before altering my bindings to try to match me.