Note to New Members ×

Any Race Coaches in the Midwest (WI-MI-MN) ?

Algunderfoot

• 2 months later...

Hi Scuff,

My Pal Neill and his Wife have just re-opened Norway Mountain, part of the vision is to create a snowboard racing incubator, which would include some carving & racing clinics, race leagues and regional events. Doubt if anything will happen this year unless its rather informal. We just wanted to send some feelers out to see who's around and who might be interested.

With that said, 5.5 hours for dedicated runs, with a re-groom at will, in a great UP environment? Heck we drive 5 hours each way almost every weekend to get to Indianhead from home.

Al,

Yeah.. sorry.. guess we're spoiled a bit here in the Twin Cities with 5 slopes within an hour.
My perspective is skewed having my home hill just a 15 min drive from my door.

Very cool goal!  I hadn't heard of Norway Mtn before. If you get a chance, can you upload a photo of your favorite carving run?
Is their race interest within an established carving community at Norway, a local school/university team, or just you?

Alpine boarding is happening in Minnesota. 
This last weekend was a USASA race at Wild Mountain, Taylors Falls, MN. The Upper midwest Alt series had an impressive alpine turnout. 
There was also a Nor-Am race at Buck Hill just a few weeks ago with two Pro PSL events, and a junior race. Some of us also get together for a Minnesota Expression Session as well.

I'm all about racing and alpine evangelism, so keep me posted. If I can find time in my schedule, it would be 
fun to help you get something started.  You can find me at AlpineKarl at gmail dot com.

Cheers,
~Karl