Note to New Members ×

Softie setup question

tex1230

For the next couple of years, I'm going to be riding maybe 1-2 weeks a year in southern Colorado. (Durango or Telluride)

Hoping to pick some decent powder days but likely variable conditions. I ride the steepest stuff I can find, I don't jump much. Carving is always the goal, and I couldn't find much info on the side cuts, but I'm hoping for 9m+

Also I'm 6' 225+lbs, so need something on the stiff side...

I haven't had a soft setup in about 10 years, so I'm not quite comfortable looking at all the new rocker camber combinations. Just looking for general advice.

3800 is a great deep and steep board. Carves good but might be a bit soft for you at steeper harder snow. 9.5m scr.

Tankers are soft too. I like their nose profile less then 300 in pow.

I don't have experience with the Donek, but twin tells me it's ment more for freestyle type of riding. Directional shapes are just better in pow...

Maybe look for a Steepwater? They are really nice alraound boards. Stiff and 11+ scr, carves great. 3800 is still better in pow though.