Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Ride Board 2014-2015

Hope this works -- here are a couple of photos from a hike at Mt. Hood Meadows (HRM area) a few weeks ago. It's stunning up there in the summer, and I love the feeling that I know exactly where I am in what is ostensibly a wilderness area. 

Edited by Dan

Beautiful Dan!!!   Love the light streams through the trees onto the meadows.  

Chance looks good! His shaved spot is almost filled in!!  I have Leo this week, so he is pointing out to me that Chance was here, :)

Great photos!!

How is the road work going?   That should be a bonus this coming season. 

Thanks for the thumbs up on the photos, Bryan! Say hi to Leo :)

As far as road work, this has not been a good summer for road biking :( Too busy at work. I do tow Chance in his bike trailer once in a while -  that's great training, but I only do it maybe 1x a week, so it's probably not having much impact. 

• 4 weeks later...

Are you a passholder at Timberline or Mt Hood Meadows? 

I don't dare forecast, I can only tell you this has been the worst I recall.  Hopefully it is just an anomaly and we are in for a great snow season. 

Meadows :) 

Despite being the worst, last year was my first year here and I still had a lot of fun.

I will join you on that anomaly thought and raise you a powdery January!  :ph34r:  :cheers:

Meadows has been playing with the summer activities ideas for several years.  Looks like they are definitely stepping it up.  

FREE Chairlift rides for passholders (one of the biggies I was hoping for)  Food , bands etc. 

Bryan

https://www.skihood.com/the-mountain/summer/events/sustainability-fair?http://www.skihood.com/blog?utm_source=MediaNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MediaRelease

Season Passholders Receive FREE Scenic Chair Rides Weekends in August!  Join us as we fire up the grill and the chairlift for our first weekend of summer operations! 

We're hosting our Slopeside Sustainability Shindig tomorrow Saturday, August 1st. Join us for a behind the scenes tour of our sustainability initiatives as well as presentations made on wetland restorations and pikas!

Meadows :) 

Despite being the worst, last year was my first year here and I still had a lot of fun.

I will join you on that anomaly thought and raise you a powdery January!  :ph34r:  :cheers:

http://www.theinertia.com/surf/code-red-were-in-for-one-of-the-biggest-el-ninos-in-recorded-history/

• 4 weeks later...

One of, if not, the deadliest stretches of road in Oregon.  Has been for many years.  One of but not the main reason I do not do weekends!!!  I have seen some really bad ones.   High speed head ons are what really messes folks up.   Keenan , if you page through the MHM ride board for this year. I took allot of photos of the construction site.  

Wait a minute!! Did you move?