Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Ride Board 2014-2015

If it looks good for next Monday and Tuesday let's all meet up for some riding and beers in the parking lot after. I need to get few days in before the season is over.

There's about a 20% chance I could make it on Tuesday. I'm staying at the Fivemile Butte fire lookout on Monday night - first time I've ever been able to reserve it. (Normally it's a 3-mile skin to the lookout, but apparently this year you can drive right up.) Miight be able to hit Meadows on the way home, but we'll have a dog in the car, so couldn't stay long. 

Bryan, thanks for the tip on the buddy passes, I didn't know about that this year. I'll look into it if I find myself up there midweek. :-)

Current ticket deals: Show us another resort's pass and ski for $30. Buddy passes are $30. Spring pass is $139 or buy next year's pass and get this year's spring skiing included. Renew your pass for next year and get a discount. Upgrade your midweek, southside, or night pass to a spring pass for $59. Day tickets are $49 online or $59 at the resort.

I'm thinking of heading up tomorrow (Thurs)... Might not be a carvable day? So I may be on a 'soft boot' board?

I've got a work conference call, so I may arrive 10am ish? Should be an ok start time for a mid week session...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode today. First few runs were on skis. Groomers did a good job with the fresh snow, very carvable. Ran back to car and grabbed 182 F2 (2002) for a few runs... Wow... I really love my Kessler. The F2 is smooth but you've really got to get in and get out of turns... Could be the size/ sidecut both bigger than my ego is. Ran back and grabbed the 168 Rossi Throttle (1995). Still a great board! I was happy it wasn't the Kessler as a few trenches hit dirt! I had to double check, snow was only a few inches deep and trench really did hit dirt!

Lucky just a bit of edge damage. I'll be able to tune it out...

All in all, fun casual day.

Temp said 32, felt like 52 with sun and no wind...

Edited by dangerboy

Pleasantly surprised that MHM was sunny and cool on Friday morning.  Snow was variable , moments of great surface (few) mixed with deeper soft light snow that was groomed but not compressed ,  chicken heads and death cookies were abundant.  I chose to put on the carve board first and it was a bit scary but fun.  Skiing would have been easier/ better but I really wanted to carve.   Later I put on the "Tweener" board which worked well on the soft spots however it didn't have the dampening and felt a bit clunky compaired to the Tinkler 185 TNT (duh!) 

I will upload some photos pretty soon.   Bryan 

Cold wind, not too bad.  Hard in fast for the most party with soft spots on the best "looking" pitches.   Auger-ed pretty good on this pitch off Cascade.  

I need to adjust my 'sick' day to Thursday this week instead of tomorrow (Tuesday).  :barf:

I've got early morning meetings scheduled for both Tuesday and Wednesday that I need to make happen.  I can't really justify pushing them out unless we see something epic happen overnight, which is doubtful.

I think Thursday is looking good...  Temps should stay cold and we may even see a few more inches?

I was going to ride today. But kid woke up puking last night. So I'm using my sick day for sick.

I'm thinking of tomorrow (Fri). But honestly, today is the day. I don't expect tomorrow to be as good. I think snow will warm up and recede, leaving tomorrow a bit bare again.

I may get up to Meadows tomorrow (Fri) morning. I'll be watching for y'all if I do. I have an orange helmet and black pants and red boots, red oldskool leash, usually black jacket. You will certainly be able to spot me; I will be much slower/less dignified than any of you.

Went up yesterday/Wednesday (sorry didn't post prior, it was a 6:30am decision) and the morning was great; lots of groomed trails and nice wide runs. Had a good time off of Cascade. It was skiied out and choppy a couple hours in and slushy by the afternoon. I got Grant Myrdal'd and that was good feedback; I am way too upright, shoulders/hips not squared to front of board, back hand not in front/squared, back knee not tucked...mostly, not square (This photo and next 2  http://meadowsactionphotos.smugmug.com/Dailygalleries1415/Wed-april-8-cascade-upper/48496556_vz5Sdw#!i=3980579931&k=8tKwhsD&lb=1&s=A 

The dry erase sign at the loading area for Cascade said

CARVE the DIEM

...I shoulda taken a picture of that

Going to Utah Saturday to visit a friend for a week and then looking forward to Timberline when I get back! Because I assume Meadows will be closed.

Even though this is The Worst Season Yet for my first time back I've had a great time this year and am really thankful to be reunited with the snow. Hope to see/meet you soon and that you get some nice turns in in until then.

Happy trails :)

Sorry to have missed you guys. I woke up completely exhausted, got up and dressed, and then passed out downstairs next to my snowboard till 11am. Hope everyone had a good day. Maybe catch some of you at Timberline later this month... carve diem

So, best turn out of the season for the alpine crew,  Randy, Jim M , Steve and myself.  First couple runs were hard and fast, then moved over to Shooting Star, it was EXCELLENT!!  Just got better as it softened a bit , super smooth buttery but grippy runs.  Probably the best session I have had on a carving board this season. 

Thanks guys!! Good day. 

• Like 1

Sorry to have missed you guys. I woke up completely exhausted, got up and dressed, and then passed out downstairs next to my snowboard till 11am. Hope everyone had a good day. Maybe catch some of you at Timberline later this month... carve diem

I know the feeling, it has happened more than once to me this season.  Fortunately between the posts and Jim Texting me last night we made it happen and it turned out quite good sorry you couldn't make it. We had an eye out for you all morning.  Bryan